This is a very serious issue.
i have the ASUS CRW-5232AS cd-rewriter and ASUS DRW-1608P2 dvd-rewriter to exhibit full control over my digital world.
Since the last 2 yrs my cd-rw drive was working great. I could easily burn
cd-rw discs, but offlate i have been experiencing some serious techie failures in erasing really high quality cd-rw discs. The brands that i use are mainly MOSER BAER, which is the most expensive and premium brand in INDIA.
Never had any problems before but now its started to shake me ....
How i get the error...
1. i buy a new cd-rw disc MOSER BAER 10X
2. insert it into my cd-rw drive
3. I run NERO 126.96.36.199 Ultra edition and use NERO EXPRESS to burn the disc
4. burns successfully.
5. conduct tests to check whether it reads in my other svs-rw
6. I come upon some new data and feel like storing it on the MOSER BAER
7. Use NERO EXPRESS to burn it, then i get non-empty warning prompt,
then I select to emty the disc and burn.
8. FAILURES start to happen
9. Actually, this drive has 2 LED's - RED for burning or erasing and GREEN for
10. Both the lights begin to light-up and this goes on for about 20 min.
The RED LED blinks damn fast (normally it would blink with a
half-a-second time interval indicating a
proper burn process)
The GREEN LED is stagnant and is ON. (normally, during the burn process,
this LED goes OFF.)
- Firstly, the RED LED should be blinking slowly...but no..it has to catch a
train to the moon!. And the GREEN LED, instead of going off during the
burning process...is so day-dreaming that it forgets to go OFF.....
.....WOW! man i am having some disco lighting here....let's dance everyone!
I have tried several s/w such as NERO itself, NERO InCD 5, DeepBurner PRO, GEAR DVD PRO, ImgBurn, Clone CD, Ashampoo Burning Studio ....all latest versions...I have also tried the FULL & QUICK erase / format options of these s/w...but no luck ....the 2 LED's just behave the way i explained above.
Even tried to re-flash my cd-rw drive via ASUStek's flash bios file from their site. Nothing seems to work ..and i still cannot erase my CD-RW disc.
- I can successfully, erase my cd-rw disc in another PC and my ASUS dvd-
rw drive, too, using any of the above listed s/w.
- But then cannot write data into it anymore after inserting it into my cd-rw
3...But the new CD-RWdisc was successfully burnt on the first attempt.
Can someone help me out here....I don't think its any fault with my cd-rw drive ......since ASUS has so sophisticatedly manufactured it....
I also tried to open the drive, as i am a h/w specialist, for laser cleaning purposes.....there was absolutely NO dirt or dust on the lens...
The CD-RW disc (after being erased by the dvd-rw drive) is read by the
cd-rw drive...but gives this error -> "G:\ is not accessable. Incorrect Function", when double clicked. Normally, the blank CD folder should open, when a blank CD-R/ RW disc is inserted in WinXP...which is not happening.
NOTE: i can erase and write data into this cd-rw disc only from my dvd-rw drive or any other PC's CD/DVD RW drives...but not from my cd-rw drive.
If i write some data into it from the dvd-rw drive into this isc, it is perfectly read from the cd-rw drive.
I am concluding that i cannot erase the CD-RW disc and cannot write data into it after the first burn process on this cd-rw drive.
What can be the issue....???