Unable to Edit My Post

I registered today and posted a question. Then I wanted to edit the post. Under Posting Rules in the lower left corner, it says I can edit my posts, but there is no EDIT button when I bring up my post. Just buttons for reply, etc.

I tried logging out and logging back in, but it didn’t help.

How do I edit?

Thanks.

Well, when I look at this post I see an EDIT button, but not on my first post from earlier today.

You have a limited amount of time in which you can edit a post. If there is something that you absolutely need edited in a post, send a personal message to one of the moderators over that particular forum.

Thanks for the quick reply. It isn’t essential that I edit it. Just want to clarify a little.

I’ll keep the limited time to edit in mind next time.

[QUOTE=dalemccl;2216287]I registered today and posted a question.[/QUOTE]

Today? :confused: :cool:

Sorry, you are right. I was thinking of another forum I had just registered for at about the same time I posted the message in question. I haven’t posted to CDFreaks for a while and thus confused the two forums when I said I just joined today.

Sorry for the confusion (mine).

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2216291]You have a limited amount of time in which you can edit a post. If there is something that you absolutely need edited in a post, send a personal message to one of the moderators over that particular forum.[/QUOTE]

A few days ago I registered here and did not know of this time limit, and could not edit my post or delete the attachements. The time to edit seemed awfully short in my opinion. I wasn’t able to edit my post the next day.

What is the time limit?
Thanks!

[QUOTE=simplately;2578715]What is the time limit?[/QUOTE] The limit is 30 minutes.

Welcome to the MyCE forums! :slight_smile:

Thirty minutes…gotcha!

And thank you for the welcome!

I have seen quite a few forum topics from this site while doing inquiries from search engines, so it looked like a good place to join up.
Regards!