Unable to create disc structure...?

Hello everyone I’m new to this and recent have come across a problem with burning dvd’s with Nero 7 Ultra Edition.

I’ve been using Nero Vision quite a bit this past week and have been successfully creating dvd videos (with menus and music included). These past couple of days have been frustrating because now Nero vision can’t seem to complete the burning process.

Letting it burn the default way (Transcoding first then burn onto disc) I get the message saying that Nero Vision was unable to burn the project. When I try burning it with the option “Burn at once” turned on I within a about 1min 20 sec it stops and I get an error message saying “Unable to create disc structure” I look at the file log and it does say this “Cause 2 Internal Error”

Whats interesting is that when I try just burning the avi,(divX codec) using the divX player it now only sometimes works.

I’m quite aware of the possibility that it might be damaged; although I know I might have been burning quite a bit this past week, relatively, (total of 8 within the week) I am not totatly confident that my dvd burner (Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-109) is damaged.

-I have a lot of hard drive space for Nero Vision to work with
-2 GB of Memory
-2.8ghz Pentium D
-7800 GT OC 256mb
-Memorex DVD-R 4.7GB 16X

I hope someone will have the answer to this. Thank you very much for those of you that have taken the time to read this. May my problem be resolved soon.

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I don’t use Nero Vision, but from what you’re saying the transcoding process goes OK.

Given that you’re using Memorex discs (not good media, as you don’t know what you’ll get regarding manufacturer, and also they can be variable - one or two discs fine, the next failed etc).

So my advice would be to try some known decent media (Verbatim, Sony, both easily found in regular stores) before suspecting the drive.

Just to make sure, do you have DMA enabled for your HDD and Pioneer? See my sig for how to check. :slight_smile:

Didn’t realize discs could be like that. I checked my DMA and they’re all on “DMA if avaliable” so thats good. I’ll go pick up a new set of sony’s then. Thanks hopefully this is just a case of bad discs.