Unable to burn CD's

I’ve been having problems with Nero not burning CD’s and I’ve been having to use windows to do it, much to the OH’s disdain.

Anyway on recommendation I downloaded Burrrn but it’s coming up with an error message that makes little sense to me.

Initializing ASPI … OK!
ERROR:
ERROR: Cannot open SCSI device ‘ASPILOCK:1,1,0’:
Transport name: ASPI
Transport descr.: Generic transport independent SCSI
Transp. layer ind.: ASPI:
Target specifier: bus,target,lun
Target example: ASPI:1,2,0
SCSI Bus scanning: supported
Open via UNIX device: not supported
Transport name: SPTI
Transport descr.: Generic SCSI for Windows NT/2000/XP
Transp. layer ind.: SPTI:
Target specifier: bus,target,lun
Target example: SPTI:1,2,0
SCSI Bus scanning: supported
Open via UNIX device: not supported
ERROR: Please use option ‘–device bus,id,lun’, e.g. --device 0,6,0
ERROR: Cannot setup device ASPILOCK:1,1,0.
Supported SCSI transports for this platform:

Does anyone actually know what that means and have the ability to explain it in as fewer syllables as possible please?

Try re-installing…See if that helps…In the meantime try BurnAware, CDBurner XP, or Imgburn…

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f48/audio-cd-wont-play-215891/
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=49475

Right on, forget Nero.

Sorted now thank you :slight_smile:

And the solution/fix was—drumroll----would help if you shared it, so others can benefit from it…:wink:

[QUOTE=t0nee1;2288682]And the solution/fix was—drumroll----would help if you shared it, so others can benefit from it…;)[/QUOTE]

Sorry - I got evicted by my Son wanting to make CD’s for the car but wanted to say thanks first…

Anyway the re-install appeared to fix it but I also wanted to find out why…

It comes up with a box saying you must choose your burner first but it isn’t obvious (to me anyway) straightaway how you do that. Thinking that it’s all working anyway I had a look around, dragged a couple of songs in to test then chose the burner and tried to burn - error message.
Now I was assuming that choose your burner first means choose it before you burn, but it appears you have to choose it first - literally!

Anyway, I uninstalled again and tried not picking straight away and lo and behold it doesn’t work, re-installed and it does again.

Coincidence? Odd glitch? not sure but if you’re given an instruction - follow it :iagree: