Unable to burn a DVD

I am using DVDFab now. I am Platinum member. When I use this software today, the burning function doesn’t work (I can save the DVD onto hard drive). It never happened before. I use DVD to DVD feature. DVD driver doesn’t show on Target list at the top of the screen. If I choose dvd drive from windows, the DVD drive still couldn’t be recognized. I am sure the dvd drive is ok to burn since I am able to burn a dvd using another software. The DVDFab version is 6.2 (I just upgrade it from 6.1 since it has same problem). Does anybody know what may cause this? Thanks.

[QUOTE=northcloud;2297496]I am using DVDFab now. I am Platinum member. When I use this software today, the burning function doesn’t work (I can save the DVD onto hard drive). It never happened before. I use DVD to DVD feature. DVD driver doesn’t show on Target list at the top of the screen. If I choose dvd drive from windows, the DVD drive still couldn’t be recognized. I am sure the dvd drive is ok to burn since I am able to burn a dvd using another software. The DVDFab version is 6.2 (I just upgrade it from 6.1 since it has same problem). Does anybody know what may cause this? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

What O/S are you running?

Does the drive in question show up on Windows Explorer?

Please advise.

OC

:slight_smile:

Wownload and install ImgBurn.
Open the program. Then copy and paste what it states in the log window.
http://www.imgburn.com/

[QUOTE=OCanada;2297562]What O/S are you running?

Please advise.

OC

:)[/QUOTE]
Thanks. OS is windows XP professional SP3. The drive shows on Windows Explorer. The drive work fine. I can use it to play movies and use other software to burn a dvd also.

[QUOTE=OCanada;2297562]What O/S are you running?

Please advise.

OC

After I load files to burn the DVD in DVDFab, then I click the ‘Start’ Button, this button doesn’t work. I tried to click several times, then a pop-up windows say 'Failed to create directory G:…".

[QUOTE=northcloud;2297595]After I load files to burn the DVD in DVDFab, then I click the ‘Start’ Button, this button doesn’t work. I tried to click several times, then a pop-up windows say 'Failed to create directory G:…".[/QUOTE]
Do you have a “G” partition or hdd? If not change the directory to another place you have enough hard drive space.

[QUOTE=northcloud;2297595]After I load files to burn the DVD in DVDFab, then I click the ‘Start’ Button, this button doesn’t work. I tried to click several times, then a pop-up windows say 'Failed to create directory G:…".[/QUOTE]

Exactly how do you “load the files to burn” in Fab?

There is an option there called ‘Write Files’ in the DVD to DVD menu that you should be using to burn files from your HD.

Set up your target as the burning drive, and ‘Start’ should work.

OC

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=OCanada;2297598]Exactly how do you “load the files to burn” in Fab?

There is an option there called ‘Write Files’ in the DVD to DVD menu that you should be using to burn files from your HD.

Set up your target as the burning drive, and ‘Start’ should work.

OC

Thanks for quick response. Here is what I did. (G: is my DVD-RAM drive. There is enough space to save DVD during the process).

Start DVDFab, it was on DVD to DVD mode. Then i put a DVD on G:. On the Source part, it shows a DVD-RAM logo with dvd’s lable. But on Target part, no G: with the logo on the dropdown list. If I choose the G: from Windows, then click ‘Start’, the error message ‘Failed to create directory G:…’. Of course, it would be failed. Then I choose to save on Hard drive. This feature works. Then I choose these saved files as the Source, the target still couldn’t recognize my DVD drive with same error message.

Fab has to be able to create a file image to a temporary directory, ie., Fab is not an on-the-fly-decrypter.

As OC stated above, this will not work unless you:

1. Select Write Data mode, in which case, Fab will Not create a temporary file image…
  2. Correct your “temporary directory” configuration error.
    Yours will not work as presently configured since Fab cannot create the temp image to an ODD (or G: …in your particular case).

Go into Common Settings > General >
Please select an appropriate file path (hdd with sufficient storage) for both the Output directory and Temporary directory
See attached:

Thank all of you to answer my question. I figured it out finally. It is about the license issue. Now the software works well.

[QUOTE=northcloud;2297688]Thank all of you to answer my question. I figured it out finally. It is about the license issue. Now the software works well.[/QUOTE]
Well, I can’t quite connect the dots on this one, but as long as you managed to get the software working…good news.