Unable To Boot Into Windows

Hello!

Yesterday night, I installed ASPI 4.7 ( zip file from the net ) and rebooted the computer, windows 98 ( which i have ) displays an error
ERROR IOS:
UNABLE TO INITIZE IOS
EITHER TO THE ./IOSUBSYS SUBDIRECTORY CORRUPT
OR THE SYSTEM IS LOW ON MEMORY

again i had to hard reboot and startup menu came asking me to load windows with minimal set of drivers, i tried with this option, but still the same error . i tried disabling CDROM from bios and then restarted , but in vain . So , my only option is to boot hard disk from win98 setup disk , reach command prompt , as ASPI drivers for DOS are loaded from win98 , i am able to access cdrom drive from dos itself.

I have ASPI_RAD in c: drive , but since i am operating from DOS mode, i am unable to access it . i even tried extracting it ( using extract.exe ) but i found extract.exe is only meant for cabinet (cab) extraction .

I really need your help…

Thanx in Advance,
Arun

http://radified.com/ASPI/forceaspi.htm

I find number of people have reported in their computers that ASPI layer 4.7.1xxx doesn`t work with most computers. 4.60 is lot better. i am not sure if forceaspi software works in pure dos enviroment. i will try it today

Aspi 4.7 should never be used if you’re running win98. Whilst some debate the merits of v 4.7+ when runing later operating systems, v. 4.7+ is not intended for use on win98 systems.

Originally posted by philamber
Aspi 4.7 should never be used if you’re running win98. Whilst some debate the merits of v 4.7+ when runing later operating systems, v. 4.7+ is not intended for use on win98 systems.

@philamber, i really didnt know aspi layer 4.7 wast meant for use in win98se. could you just help me in recovering the data? i tried ForceASPI 1.7 , but to no effect . I just dont want to reinstall windows . anyone with win98 setup disk, should know which cabinet contains older aspi layers.

if you just make a boot up disk and add dos cd rom drivers , which is on floppy , wonderful thing with windows 98 you can reinstall over top and it should be fine. Or if you have all the cab files on the pc you can just run setup from cab files again. Or you can just put the drive on another pc and just move the data off .

you can also go and get a bootdisk at

www.bootdisk.com

gio

The error says:
Unable to initilize IOS
I/O SUBSYSTEM DEVICE INVALID

anyway, guys i have already reinstalled windows 98 . now the only thing left is installing all the previous prgs .