Unable to backup "Making of Goldfinger"

Using AnyDVD and CloneDVD2, I am unable to copy the ‘Making of Goldfinger’. The movie itself is fine, but the special feature won’t play. Either from the burner or a standalong player. I can see that the disc was ‘burned’, but it just won’t play. No error messages and I tried this twice.
I could see the images in the preview window as it was being ripped and the process went as usual. When I insert the disc or hit play, nothing.

Again, there was no issue with the actual movie. Any ideas here??

@ videobruce,

Since you have failed to provide ANY meaningful pertinent information my educated guess would be that your problem is caused by the use of poor quality blank DVD Media.

Suggest ensuring that your undisclosed DVD Burner has the most current up to date Firmware available and use known proven quality Media that consistently produces quality error free results such as Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim Media.

Suggest reviewing the AnyDVD Forum Read First posting titled “New posters with ripping/burning problems” (http://club.cdfreaks.com/f88/new-posters-ripping-burning-problems-182650/).

Regards,
bjkg

Exactly what information is needed?? :confused:

I was able to copy the actual movie, but I’m unable to copy the documentary that is on the same disc using the same blank media.
I receiver no errors and the burn process went without a hitch.

It’s not the media, nor the burner, nor the playback equipment, nor the software unless there is some weird copy protection with just the separate documentary.

How about precise detailed information on exactly what your problem actually is. For example ->

This pertinent information was lacking in your initial posting in this thread.

Perchance when you attempted to make your BackUp Copy of ‘Making of Goldfinger’ in CloneDVD version 2.9.1.2 did you used the “Clone DVD – Clone A DVD Including ALL Titles and Menus” option?

Regards,
bjkg

This pertinent information was lacking in your initial posting in this thread.
No it wasn’t, it was just written differently and the term “documentary” was not used and I didn’t mention media. Reading my orginal description was as clear as I could make it. If specific additional details were needed, all you had to do is ask.

No I didn’t use “Preserve Menus” as I never do since I never had need to for just the movie or, in this case, just the single documentary on a separate disc.
I did try it again with updated versions of AnyDVD & ClondDVD2, but no difference.
I then added the menus and by clicking of the special feature (or whatever it was called) the player accessed that clip.

I then used the movie ‘The Upside of Anger’ that had separate segments (The Making of…) without the menu and there was no problem playing the separate material. This was the first time I copied something other than the movie itself.

Anyone here have the disc “Goldfinger” that could comment here??

@ videobruce,

Forum Members are not “Guessing Geniuses”. That is why in my initial posting that I referenced you to the AnyDVD Forum “Read First” posting titled “New posters with ripping/burning problems” which provides detailed information on what type of pertinent information is needed for a Forum Member to make a meaningful assessment of original posters problem.

Suggest that you review you initial posting. Nowhere in you posting did you state that you were “unable to copy the documentary”. This is a pertinent piece of information that you failed to provide.

The question I asked in posting #4 was not if you used “Preserve Menus”. The question I asked was “did you use the “Clone DVD – Clone A DVD Including ALL Titles and Menus” option”.

It appears that you are not aware that there is a “Clone DVD Titles-Copy One Or More DVD Titles” option and also a very different “Clone DVD-Clone A DVD Including All Titles and Menus" option. These are two entirely different Options in the CloneDVD software program that perform two different functions when making DVD BackUp copy.

Regards,
bjkg

Suggest that you review you initial posting. Nowhere in you posting did you state that you were “unable to copy the documentary”. This is a pertinent piece of information that you failed to provide.
The reason I never said it is I [B]was[/B] able to copy it. I just can’t play it back.
The question I asked in posting #4 was not if you used “Preserve Menus”. The question I asked was “did you use the “Clone DVD – Clone A DVD Including ALL Titles and Menus” option”.
My mistake, I did misunderstand you. No, I only use the top option.

@ videobruce,

If want your “Making Of Goldfinger” BackUp copy to perform just like your original Making Of Goldfinger DVD Movie you need to use the 2nd option “Clone DVD – Clone A DVD Including All Titles and Menus”.

Regards,
bjkg

Actually, no I don’t. All I want is for that single feature to play when I insert it which is why I DON’T include those annoying menus.

Why include a menu for a single entry??