Unable to back up Dona Flor

vbimport

The first time I tried to backup the disk with RipIt4Me and it got about half way through the disk and gave me some obscure error, probably something about a lack of memory or whatever.

Then I tried DVDFab HD Decrypter with default settings and it says it read the disk fine and I used DVD Shrink to burn the disk. The disk works somewhat, but a lot of the video looks like a bad over the air digital image, really scrozzled.

Then, after reading the tips here, I enabled Pathplayer and let Platinum 5.2.2.2 read and write the DVD. That is the one that plays the first two screens and stops playing any more video.

I will try the suggestion to use an alternative burn engine…doesn’t DVD Shrink use Nero? I have Nero too… it is older… 6.6.0.8

Thanks one and all!

OK you can also try with pathplayer disabled as it is an old movie right? And another thing it sounds like your first movie was done correctly but you burned the disc too fast. What type of blank media are you using? Anyway try lowering the burn speed to half the rated speed of the blank disc you have and see what the results are.

[QUOTE=GJ;2188612]OK you can also try with pathplayer disabled as it is an old movie right? And another thing it sounds like your first movie was done correctly but you burned the disc too fast. What type of blank media are you using? Anyway try lowering the burn speed to half the rated speed of the blank disc you have and see what the results are.[/QUOTE]

OK… I did a DVD-9 copy to HD and then used IMGBURN and it worked. Or at least the DVD seems usable but haven’t viewed it yet.

IMGBURN brought up Roxio???

The first time I tried to burn the DVD with RIPIT4ME it didn’t even finish copying to disk…it never got to the burn process.

Thanks,

Viv