Unable to access www.torrentleech.org

A couple of hours ago this was a great private site…now it seems to be a search engine of some sort??? :sad:

http://www.torrentleech.org/

apparently othet people are having no probs…so before you rip me for being a dumbass imagine your fear if you could not get to your favorite site… :o

Now i`m running spyware and trying to figure WTF?? :a

From my end, I don’t see any sort of search engine from the above site besides a ‘browse’ tab, however if I click on this, I get a request for logon details, which I assume is the private site you’re intending to access. From what I can see, you probably have a hijacked hosts file, where that website is being mapped to the IP address of the fake site you are getting instead. :rolleyes:

Before you try and repair the hosts file, you will need to remove the spyware from your PC, since chances are that it will keep modifying the hosts file each time it is repaired. I would suggest using Spybot or the Windows AntiSpyware software.

Once you eliminate the spyware issue, then you should be able to repair your hosts file. Click start -> run, type in the following (for Windows XP) and click ‘OK’:

notepad c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

In the Notepad window that appears, delete everything besides the lines that begin with a ‘#’ or ‘127.0.0.1’. Anything else in the hosts file is usually the result of a modification from spyware or something else trying to hijack certain websites on your PC. Save this and exit Notepad. If you get an error such as “Cannot create the hosts file”, click start -> run, type in the following command, click ‘OK’ and then try saving the Notepad text. The following command removes the ‘read-only’ flag status (if present) on the hosts file:

attrib -r c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Now, try going back to TorrentLeach to see if can get in. :wink: If you still have issues, then there your PC is still infected with some spyware or a Virus/Trojan of some sort.

exactly the case sean :clap:

thanks for the insight :iagree: :bow: :iagree: :clap:

Did you ever get your issue taken care of earlbert?

So did the spyware come from the torrentleech site?

not sure were the spyware came from…probably not torrent leech though… I assume it was the software company whose home page i was directed to…and yes editing host files did solve the problem…thanks again

Can maybe someone help me too?
There are already a couple of days since I get just the same annoying page “The page cannot be displayed” when I try to access torrentleech.org .
What could be my problem?
Please help
Thanks

Hi. From yesterday i cant get to torrentleech. It says 403 Forbiden, you have been baned. Also at the forum. The reason says is: none. Anyone know about that.
Thanks

i believe that happens if you only leech and dont seed…

Yes, but i didnt only leech and no warning has been given to me. Im not new at this great site. So if they only told me reason i could accept it, but this way isnt quite appropriate.

i can’t access it at this moment
anyone have the same problem?

It’s working on my end :slight_smile:

it’s working now too

Works on my end too :slight_smile:

I’d also like to get into that site… heard its pretty good. :smiley:

TY VERY MUCH SEAN NOW I CAN OPEN TORRENTLECH :bow: :cop: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :smiley: :smiley: :iagree:

Does anyone have an invite to torrentleach that they’d like to share?

Phoenix Studio TheWorld Browser End User License Agreement Copyright 2004 Phoenix Studio, All Rights Reserved. TheWorld is free for personal, home use. You may use this software only as described in this license. If you do not agree to the terms of this license, do not install or use the software.

1. SOFTWARE.

The laser engraver updates to the software, any supplemental laser engraving machine code provided to you by Phoenix Studio, the laser engraver user manual, any associated software components, any related media and printed materials, and any “online” or electronic documentation.

1. RESTRICTIONS. You may not reduce the laser cutting machine Software to human readable form, reverse engineer, de-compile, or disassemble the cutting plotter Software, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation. You may not rent, lease, or lend the Software. You may not use the vinyl cutter Software to perform any unauthorized transfer of information, such as copying or transferring a file in violation of a copyright, or for any illegal purpose. You may not remove any copyright, trademark, reservation of rights, or any other proprietary language displayed on, in, or with the vinyl cutter Software.

2. SUPPORT SERVICES. Phoenix Studio may provide you with laser engraver support services related to the Software. Use of support services is governed by the laser cutting machine user manual, online documentation, and other Phoenix Studio materials, as they may be modified from time to time. Phoenix Studio may use any information you provide as part of obtaining laser engraving machine support services for its business purposes, including product support and development.

3. TERMINATION. This license terminates if you fail to comply with its terms and conditions. If your license terminates, you must destroy all copies of the cutting plotter Software. The termination of this license does not limit Phoenix Studio’s other rights it may have by law.

4. COPYRIGHT. You acknowledge that you have only the limited, non-exclusive right to use and copy the cutting plotter Software as expressly stated in this license and that Phoenix Studio retains title and all other rights. The low cost laser engraver Software is protected by copyright law and international treaty provisions as well as other applicable laws.

5. NO WARRANTIES. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the vinyl cutter Software is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, the implied warranties or merchantability, fitness for a particular.

The End

hmmm… Can anyone help me… suddenly i got the 403 forbidden ip banned message, but i havent done anything to get banned…
I had a really good ratio and everything…

To me, this may indicate that your ISP has assigned you a dynamic IP address and the current IP you’ve been assigned at the moment has been abused either by a spammer or someone else. One way to check is to go to DNSStuff and pop your IP into the “Spam database lookup”. The website shows your IP address at the upper right of the screen in the form x.x.x.x On the results page, have a look for red highlighted fields. The one “SORBS-DUHL” will generally mention if it is a dynamic IP. If this particular field just shows something like “Primary NS = …”, then your IP is a static IP.

If your IP shows as dynamic, generally a simple method to overcome this is to get your router to obtain a new IP address. A simple way to do this is to unplug your router for several seconds and plug it back in. Alternatively, go into the router’s configuration and look for an option to renew the IP. Once powered back up, try going back to Torrent Leech again.

Unfortunately, if your IP does not renew after the router reboot, you may need to wait several days for your IP to automatically renew. For example, in Ireland, some ISPs such as Eircom generally always issue a new IP when the router is rebooted, however some other ISPs will keep issuing the same IP for 24 hours or longer.