Ultra Plex Wide

Hello,

Will the Ultra Plex Wide beat all the audio cd protections?
I am replacing my 12/4/32 burner with a non-plex burner and wonder if I still need it for some audio.

Thanks

I guess what I am asking sounds strange considering the ultra plex wide is not a burner. I guess I am not sure how audio protection works and assumed if my reader was good, and could beat the protection, I could simply rip the audio off of the cd and burn it with any burner.

I’m not sure what you’re asking since you don’t mention which drive you’re planning to buy. There are many different drives out there and although they can be great readers/writers some or perhaps I should say most, cannot rip all audio protections. The Plextor drives have a reputation of being able to handle most audio protection but please refer to our search function for more information

G@M3FR3@K,

I am planning on getting the ASUS 40x.
What I am asking is;

If my reader can rip the audio from audio protected cd’s, why does it matter what burner I have?

DAMN it I tried to delete this post and add this as a reply to the Ultra Plex Wide thread

Can the ultra plex wide beat audio copy protections? Can the ultra plex wide read the data from a protected audio cd and write it to an image file on the hd?

Can the ulta plex wide rip the audio from an audio protected cd?
If so couldnt I just burn the ripped MP3s using any cdr?

Originally posted by ntloser
If my reader can rip the audio from audio protected cd’s, why does it matter what burner I have?
No. The tricky part with audio protections is in the reading, not in the writing. You could for example extract the tracks with a program like PlexTools or Exact Audio Copy and then burn them as normal audio compilation. You will then get an unprotected audio disc.

Originally posted by ntloser
[B]DAMN it I tried to delete this post and add this as a reply to the Ultra Plex Wide thread

Can the ultra plex wide beat audio copy protections? Can the ultra plex wide read the data from a protected audio cd and write it to an image file on the hd?

Can the ulta plex wide rip the audio from an audio protected cd?
If so couldnt I just burn the ripped MP3s using any cdr? [/B]
Merged the threads for you. What is the UltraPlex Wide? I’m not familiar with that model, sorry… Most Plextor drives will do the trick. For a list of tests check out this thread on another forum done by XORFF (member on our forum). Do you see your drive listed there? The table is a bit screwed but it’s understandable :wink:

Hmm I edited it for you:

ÃœBERSICHT.........................CDS100...CDS200.......k2a...DOCloc.Pavement.CopyX.EAL[/u] 
Plextor.PX-W4010TA..(Fw.1.02).....+/+/-..+/+/+/+/+/+..+/+/+/+...-.......+.......+....+ 
Plextor.PX-W2410TA..(Fw.1.04).....+/+/-..+/+/+/+/+/+..+/+/+/+...-.......+.......+....+ 
Plextor.PX-W1610TA..(Fw.1.05).....+/+/-..+/+/+/+/+/+..+/+/+/+...-.......+.......+....+ 
Plextor.PX-W1210TA..(Fw.1.10).....+/+/-..+/+/+/+/+/+..+/+/+/+...-.......+.......+....+ 
Plextor.PX-W1210TS..(Fw.1.05).....+/+/-..+/+/+/+/+/+..+/+/+/+...-.......+.......+....+ 
Plextor.PX-.40..TSi.(Fw.1.0x).....+/+/+..+/+/+/+/?/+..+/+/+/+...+.......+.......+....+...UNIVERSALGERÄT! 
Plextor.PX-.40..TSi.(Fw.1.1x).....+/+/+..+/+/+/+/?/+..+/+/+/+...-.......+.......+....+ 
Plextor.PX-.32..TSi.(Fw.1.03).....+/+/+..+/+/+/+/?/+..+/+/+/+...-.......+.......+....- 
Plextor.PX-.20..TSi.(Fw.1.01).....+/+/+..+/+/+/+/?/+..+/+/+/+...+.......+.......?....- 
Plextor.PX-.12..CSi.(Fw.1.00).....?/?/?..+/?/?/?/?/+..+/+/+/+...+.......+.......?....- 
Yamaha.CRW-F1E.(Fw.?.??)..........?/?/+..+/+/?/+/+/+..?/?/+/?...+.......?.......+....?...NEWCOMER! 
Teac.CD-R50S.(Fw.1.0G)............+/+/+..+/+/+/+/?/+..+/+/+/+...+.......+.......+....+...UNIVERSALGERÄT! 
Teac.CD-W54E.(Fw.1.1Y)............?/?/?..?/?/?/?/?/?..+/+/+/+...?.......?.......?....? 
Teac.CD-R55S.(Fw.?)...............-/?/?..+/+/+/?/?/?..+/+/+/+...+.......?.......+....? 
Teac.CD-R58S.(Fw.1.0P)............-/-/?..+/+/+/?/?/?..+/+/+/+...+.......+.......+....? 
Teac.CD-W512EB.(Fw.?).............?/?/-..?/?/?/?/?/?..?/?/?/?...?.......?.......?....? 
Teac.CD-W516EB.(Fw.?).............?/?/?..?/?/?/?/?/?..?/?/?/?...?.......?.......?....? 
Teac.CD-W524E.(Fw.1.0B)...........?/?/?..?/?/?/?/?/?..+/?/+/?...+.......?.......+....? 
Teac.CD-W540E.(Fw.1.0C)...........-/-/?..-/-/-/?/?/?..-/-/-/-...+.......+.......+....? 
Teac.CD-516E.(Fw.?)...............?/?/?..?/?/?/?/?/?..+/+/+/+...?.......?.......?....? 
Teac.CD-524E.(Fw.4.0D)............-/+/?..?/+/?/?/?/?..+/+/+/+...+.......?.......?....? 
Teac.CD-532E.(Fw.3.0A)............?/?/?..+/?/+/?/?/?..+/+/+/+...?.......?.......+....? 
Samsung.CD-R/RW.SR-208F.(Fw.SN09).N/N/?..-/-/-/?/?/?..N/N/N/N...+.......?.......?....?...(Notauswurf-Trick!) 
Samsung.612S......................?/?/-..?/?/?/?/?/?..?/?/?/?...?.......?.......?....? 
LG/Goldstar.CRD-8320B.(Fw.1.09)...-/-/-..+/-/-/?/?/?..+/+/+/+...+.......+.......+....? 
LG/Goldstar.CRD-8241B.(Fw.1.14)...-/-/?..?/?/?/?/?/?..+/+/+/+...+.......?.......?....?...(kein.perfektes.DAE!) 
Hitachi.DVD.GD7500.(0008-2).......?/?/A..+/?/?/?/?/?..-/-/-/-...?.......?.......+....? 
LiteOn.LTD-163.(Fw.GH5N)..........-/-/-..-/+/-/V/?/V..-/?/-/?...-.......-.......+....- 
LiteOn.LTR-241040b.(Fw.?).........-/-/?..-/+/+/?/?/?..-/-/-/-...-.......-.......+....? 
LiteOn.LTR-24103S.(Fw.?)..........-/-/?..-/+/+/?/?/?..?/?/+/?...-.......-.......+....?...(die.k2a-Ausnahme!) 
LiteOn.32/12/40...................?/?/?..?/?/-/?/?/+..?/?/?/?...?.......?.......?....? 
LiteOn.LTR-40125W.(Fw.?)..........-/-/?..-/+/+/?/?/?..-/-/-/-...-.......-.......+....? 
LiteOn.LTR-40125S.(Fw.?)..........?/?/?..?/?/?/?/?/?..?/?/?/+...?.......?.......?....? 
LiteOn.LTR-48125W.(Fw.?)..........?/?/?..?/?/?/?/?/+..?/?/?/?...?.......?.......?....? 
LG.CRD-8522B.(Fw.2.03)............?/?/?..?/?/?/?/?/?..+/+/?/+...?.......?.......?....? 
LG.GCE.8160B.(Fw.1.02)............-/-/?..-/+/-/?/?/?..-/-/-/-...?.......?.......?....? 
LG.GCE.8240B.(Fw.1.07)............-/-/?..+/+/?/?/?/?..?/?/M/?...?.......?.......?....? 
LG.GCE.8320B.(Fw.1.04)............-/-/?..-/-/-/?/+/?..-/-/-/-...?.......?.......?....? 
LG.GCE.8400.(Fw.?)................-/-/?..-/-/-/?/?/?..-/-/-/-...?.......?.......?....? 
Ricoh.MP7163.(Fw.?)...............?/?/?..?/+/?/?/?/?..?/?/?/?...?.......?.......?....? 
Traxxdata.8/4/32.(Fw.?)...........?/?/?..?/+/?/?/?/?..?/?/?/?...?.......?.......?....? 
Pioneer.DVD-105.&.115.(Fw.1.22)...?/?/?..A/?/?/?/?/?..?/?/?/?...+.......?.......?....? 
Pioneer.DVD-106.&.116.(Fw.1.14)...-/-/-..-/-/?/?/?/-..A/?/?/?...+.......-.......?....? 
NEC.DV-5700.(Fw.?)................?/?/?..-/?/?/?/?/?..+/+/+/+...+.......?.......?....? 
NEC.DV-5800A.(Fw.?)...............-/-/?..-/?/?/?/?/?..A/+/+/+...+.......?.......?....?...(z.T.k2a.abkleben!) 
Toshiba.SD-1402.(Fw.1010).........?/?/?..?/?/?/?/?/?..?/?/?/?...+.......?.......?....? 
Toshiba.SD-M1502.(Fw.?)...........?/?/?..-/-/-/?/?/?..?/?/?/?...+.......?.......?....? 
Toshiba.SD-M1612.(Fw.?)...........-/-/A..-/+/+/?/?/+..-/-/+/+...+.......?.......?....? 
Sony.CD-RW.CRX.140E.(Fw.1.0n).....-/-/?..+/+/?/?/?/?..+/+/+/+...-.......-.......?....? 
Sony.CD-RW.CRX.160E-RP............?/?/?..?/+/?/?/?/?..+/+/+/+...?.......?.......?....? 
Sony.CD-RW.CRX.175A2..............?/?/?..?/+/?/?/?/?..?/?/?/?...?.......?.......?....?

The Ultra plex wide is an ULTRA Wide SCSI cdrom

http://www.plextor.com/english/products/ultraplex_wide.html

Thanks for your help

The Plextor SCSI drives are excellent audio protections readers. I think the Ultra Plex Wide is the same drive as the Plextor PX-40TSi so check the list I posted above. It’s perfect for audio!