Ultra HDTVs prices to drop 25% this year

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Ultra HDTVs prices to drop 25% this year[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/12/myce-lg-quantum-dot-tv-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/ultra-hdtvs-prices-to-drop-25-this-year-74180/

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I am starting to think that the days of 1080p sets might be numbered.

1080p will be with us for a long time regardless of the superiority of UHD. Manufacturers are still making 720p sets as big as 60". As for UHD getting more popular, no disagreements here! I sell them and those willing to actually pay for something better just love them! Cheap UHD? You get what you pay for, those looking for cheap, cheap, cheap are going to get exactly that, cheap garbage. Yes there will be some easing of price this year but don’t expect anything more than 10%. The manufacturers have big bucks tied up in R&D, and that takes time to recoup.

This is great news indeed, the faster the price goes down, the more people who have to buy a new TV anyway, are going to get these 4K TVs just because it is “Ultra” HDTV, does not matter if they have any use for it.

The more people buy this, the better for all of us as the price will go down. Now we are just waiting for new 4K bluray players and that they will push out cheap 4K bluray discs with movies on them.

As long as these descent size TVs with 4K are below 2000 USD I do not see any problem for most people to get a 4K TV.

There is still very little NATIVE 4k content out there. this is what the demand hinges upon… the more demand… the cheaper the sets can go THIS year…
For me… I’d go for a 4k 40 - 42" set… but from what I’ve seen, 4k sets consume more power than standard HD sets… I’m hoping for something under 50 watts on active usage.
The average computer uses 165 - 180 watts including monitor.

$200 - $275 is my price target. Then I can dump the 20" 720p set…Â pushing 8 years…

There is still very little NATIVE 4k content out there. this is what the demand hinges upon… the more demand… the cheaper the sets can go THIS year…
For me… I’d go for a 4k 40 - 42" set… but from what I’ve seen, 4k sets consume more power than standard HD sets… I’m hoping for something under 50 watts on active usage.
The average computer uses 165 - 180 watts including monitor.

$200 - $275 is my price target. Then I can dump the 20" 720p set…Â pushing 8 years…

Yeah, I think the past is the key for the future of 4K, the industry knows just what to do in order to get this moving.

Cheaper TV-sets, well prices 4K blu-ray players, and getting cheap 4K blu-ray discs out fast.

We are NOT going to see transmissions of 4K content anytime soon, there might be some, but look how long it took for 720p 1080p transmissions to catch up the everyone with HDTV. So the key here is streaming and getting out cheap 4K blu-ray discs for people to buy.

Only time will tell.

Well, where did they buy their crystal balls??? Eh?!

I don’t care what they might “foresee”.

I drive my dish around the sat positions and can watch a bunch of UHD channels already.

Get this. :smiley: