Ultra fast DAE software?

What is your opinion ,of what software is good enough to cooperate with the latest 40X burners or faster of them .
My problem is that i can not see my Plextor to run in faster DAE speeds over 11X , even in the Plextor tools , this is the max speed that i can see .

I have test the Audiograber 1.80 , and the results was the same .

Any help on what software and what version it does the work it will be great …

i can get eac and CDex to rip really fast with my liteon 48125w. Don’t remember what it was but i just know it was fast.

This is DAE, not data copy. Audio can’t be copied 40x. 11x is pretty good by the way. Maybe there’s some sort of soft for faster audio copy, but I woudn’t reccomend it, because you will loose audio quality.

i usually rip to wav and not mp3, and it goes fast on my system, i will check the results when i get home.

If you want faster DAE in EAC (Best audio ripper) try this :
EAC -> Drive Options -> Extraction method , then select fast or burst mode ( don’t remember which is faster). Remember that you will loose audio quality when using these extraction methods.

I do not know what to say , i have read reviews presenting the DAE speed high as 30X ??
And also at the same review they are saying that if you add all the error protections and safe guard settings the DAE fall down to even 7X …

So 11X is medium safe DAE speed for the most latest burners !!

By using the latest Plextor tools ,i had very slow DAE speeds like 11-13X , and i was confused as many reviewers was reporting as 30X DAE speed . ( The CD disk was in good condition)

I have to agree that the Plextor tools , they are working with all the safety options on , and this is the only logical explanation of why the DAE speed that i get is not that high as some others report .

I had try the latest EAC too , and i got as high as 21X with the default settings .

I guess that everything is a matter of trust , and the Plextor tools looks to warranty the perfection of the final result .

I am sorry but i do not have the knowledge to do in depth testing of what really works as best or not , but there must be some secrets , as the Plextor with the Plextor tools does not feel ashamed to lower down the DAE in speeds so low , in order to deliver the higher sound quality and errors free .

By adding the latest LAME dll , in the Plextor tools directory , the automated encoding had become possible and it looks that it rips and encodes at the same time , so i am very happy with it , as the difference of the over all time processing ,its does not bother me any more …

Its simple , if the software needs some riping time and some encoding time , and the over all time is 20 seconds .
21x riping plus 8 seconds encoding .
The Plextor tools needs the same time even if they rip at 11x and they encode too , plus perfect error detection .

If my above consideration is right , the Plextor users they have to forget all the other riping software solutions …

With further testing with the EAC and by activating settings :
Drive caches audio data
Drive capable retrieving C2
Use C2 error information for error correction …
The speed fall down to 8X

With all the error checks activated in the Plextor tools my DAE is 11-13X , and the software decodes MP3 at the same time , there is nothing more that i have to consider .
The Plextor tools is the final winer hands down , with the PX-W4012TA burner …

Another good thing is that my Hitachi DVD GD-8000 operate too with the Plextor tools ,and it gives me very good DAE speeds like the Plextor does .

My older Hitachi 24X cd-rom it does DAE as 4X with the Plextor tools , and it does have C2 error check .

It looks that the Plextor tools is a very good diagnostic about the CD readers and their real power …

I was testing for hours , and i hope that the above info ,it will help and some others with the same worries .

Well olyboy judging from your reply I think you’re either running the drive in Secure Mode when doing DAE or you’re converting to mp3 on-the-fly which could slow down extraction. It’s untrue that Burst Mode (EAC’s fastest mode) will give lower quality than DAE done with Secure Mode. Burst Mode should only be used when the source disc is in good quality and Secure Mode is handy when you have a dirty or somewhat damaged disc. PlexTools is especially recommended with dirty discs since its Advanced DAE Error Recovery is superb. Here are some screenshots of my PleXCombo drive doing DAE with EAC:

Burst Mode

Secure Mode

I get the same results with any of my Plextor 40X/48X drives and also when using different software like PlexTools. In order to get these speeds with PlexTools you need to disabled all the checks since this will slow down extraction. Of course also note that these high speeds can only be reached with a full 80-minute (or close) disc. Because the drives use CAV reading the speed is gradually increased and top speeds aren’t reached until the end of the disc.

Originally posted by olyboy
With further testing with the EAC and by activating settings :
Drive caches audio data
Drive capable retrieving C2
Use C2 error information for error correction …
The speed fall down to 8X

The most important speed reducing factor is the fact that your drive caches audio… if your drive didn’t cache, your DAE ripping speed would at least double! For every read-action in secure-mode in EAC, EAC has to do an extra read-action, in order to clear the cache… My Plextor px40ts doesn’t cache audio, and with the above settings you mention, my secure ripping speed is around 23x.

Thanks people for your advices , specially about my choices over dirty disk’s and good ones .

But i have hard times to understand the point of why so many people insist that its a sin that this drive caches audio.

Usually the cache as memory always helps , ok in the DAE the less time that the device bothers with the same data is what we need , but from the other hand the memory is so damn fast this days ,its hard for me to justify all this speed loss , because of one extra memory cycle ,like cleaning the buffer . !!

Thanks again for all your help , but i can not stop my inquiring mind of doing such of questions . :wink:

PS: I am using ATA 100 cables
Win2k SP3
Asus board TUSL2C - chip 815 Intel - Celery 1400 - 512 ram
Plextor 4012TA primary IDE master single
Hitachi 24x secondary IDE master single
PCI controller Promise - 2 Hdd master and DVD secondary IDE single .
Almost as SCSI configuration :slight_smile:

Heh you mad dogs … why you did not told me that the 40X DAE was only as peak, in the Cd’s with full 74 minutes of music !!! :bigsmile:

Plextor tools - no error control

EAC burst

EAC secure ,all settings on .

No encoding in all tests ,just riping waves .

At list now i know that the average DAE of my burner is 30X ,and that the Plextor tools is the faster software that operates with this burner, when the error control gets engaged .
Thanks people …

heheh i Just use TDK Digital Mix Master that cme with my TDK drive, and i get really good DAE speeds. Up to 48x Extraction!

Heh you mad dogs … why you did not told me that the 40X DAE was only as peak, in the Cd’s with full 74 minutes of music !!! :bigsmile:
I did!

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
Of course also note that these high speeds can only be reached with a full 80-minute (or close) disc. Because the drives use CAV reading the speed is gradually increased and top speeds aren’t reached until the end of the disc.
You just didn’t read carefully :wink:

But i have hard times to understand the point of why so many people insist that its a sin that this drive caches audio.

The cache complicates the secure reading mode. EAC is reading samples/sectors and it encounters an error, then it wants to reread the same sector. Because the drive caches audio data, the same erroneous sample is returned… This is not what you want, you want the drive to reread the sample/sector. Unfortenately there is no command to switch off the cache in a cd-rom, so EAC has to deal with the cache another way. It does this by overreading the cache. This means EAC reads the samples/sectors it needs + reads a lot more, so the orginal samples are not in cache anymore, and then starts comparing. When it encounters an error, the sample/sector will be reread, because the drive can’t find it back in the cache (because the cache was overread). So this explains why you lose 50% or more of your DAE ripping speed because of the cached audio data.

I am following many discussions about the EAC vs Plextor tools as DAE solution , and the upcome is that the Plextor tools works best .
I guess that this is normal, as they know more than any one other how their burners work, and they have adjust also their software for getting the maxed advantage .

I am not a software engineer , but i can only guess that the Plextor algorithms they work faster , and the software uses the cashing future ,by a more productive way .

I am amazed from the ability of Plextor tools to rip and encode at the same time .
Even if the error correction is on , the speed does not slow down more because of the encoding process , and the LAME dll works very good too.

I can only consider my self as lucky ,that i got my new burner before 10 days or so , and all the software and hardware haves come in one more mature condition than the past .

Maybe Plextools uses an proprietary vendor-specific command to clear the cache or shut it off. The fact that you can rip and encode at the same time has more to do with Lame, then with Plextools.

Yes i do understand that , but it looks that the Plextor do trust the LAME encoder , and possible there is one cooperation behind the scene …

The cooperation of LAME with the Plextor tools ,did not happen in luck …
It looks that the developers from both sides they have work together on that …