Ultimate Copy protection Cd Cloning device

What is the ultamate and runner up for appliances or methods for copying protected cd’s ?

I have seen a wytron dvd399 device on e-bay, Will that copy starfoce and
securedisk and bla bla bla (All the kinds of copy protection)

What device will ?

anything in the 1000 dollar range ?

is there a computer software program that makes 100 percent clone disks ?

No. All this does is control numerous devices to copy multiple discs at once. You need to google CD and DVD Glass Mastering & Manufacturing.

Its not the Software its the Hardware. You cant afford it nor the law suits that would ensue.

Ill take it that you cannot define ‘It’. You dont know but you know that it is more money than you have. You have made many assumptions about me as well, and your lack of true technical knowledge shows in your reply.

Thanks for nothing.

There is no software product that can 100% 1:1 copy every cd format.

I have seen a wytron dvd399 device on e-bay, Will that copy starfoce and securedisk and bla bla bla (All the kinds of copy protection)
No

What device will ?
No writer ever will.

anything in the 1000 dollar range ?
No

No

pollushon was actually quite right. If you want to have 1:1 copies of cd’s and dvd’s you would require a professional dvd pressing station.

Well joncolby! Perhaps an apology is in order!!!

joncolby: this is not a matter of cheap versus slightly expensive. I think it’s safe to assume you’re not a big firm looking to stamp thousands of copies of dvds a day. Such a firm wouldn’t have problems paying the many thousands of dollars a machine like that costs. You, on the other hand, probably will.

The only foolproof way of getting an exact copy of either a CD or a DVD is your wallet. Go out and buy a second copy ;o)

Any other method is illegal, isn’t it? 8o)

No. At some parts of the planet consumers still have the right to make a backup :slight_smile:

@ Mr B
Even if they do not own the original??
Or am I just being cynical?

I guess this is exactly what I expected. Just a bunch of regulars getting togather and talking about ‘nutin mutch’.
If everyone here agrees that it is multiple thousands of dollars, can you at least give me a brand name ? Would it hurt you to maybe assume the contrary and treat me like I was legitamate ? Could you actually pretend in your imagination that just maybe there was a slight chance that I could work for a much bigger IT departmant than you ever guessed at ? Could you ponder the fact, that for the 1 to 20 reasons you decided to give the truely meaningless replys you gave, that there might be 400 to 10,000 reasons you should have done the opposite ?

I guess I am now at a point that I dont “expect” anyone here to have any valuble information, just a bunch of chit chat.

@ joncolby - If you could afford one/needed one for legitimate purposes, you would already have one or know where to find one.

In that case, just ask someone in your “Big IT Department.” :iagree:

If everyone here agrees that it is multiple thousands of dollars, can you at least give me a brand name ?

No. Mr. Belvedere has already answered your question.

No writer ever will.

In the case e.g. of Starforce not only would you require a commercial cd/dvd stamper but you would also require the special non-standard media on which starforce cd/dvds are recorded. Unsurprisingly, the starforce people will not supply such media to you.

Could you actually pretend in your imagination that just maybe there was a slight chance that I could work for a much bigger IT departmant than you ever guessed at ?

And your legitimate commercial employer has an interest in making perfect copies of starforce protected games? :eek: I think not! :rolleyes:

:iagree: If I had that much money I wouldnt be on this forum so Much! I’d be building an uber network.(no offence)

joncolby

You might give CloneCD by SlySoft. You can download a 21 day free trial at:

http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

I’ve used it for a while and like it’s results.

Eric

joncolby

You might give CloneCD by SlySoft. You can download a 21 day free trial at:

http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

I’ve used it for a while and like it’s results.

Eric

Eric’s Wonderful World of Windows

My Rig
Thermaltake XaserII Full Tower Case
Enermax Noisetaker 600 Watt PS
ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe Dual Channel MB
Intel P4 3.4Ghz CPU
3 GB’s Samsung PC3200 CAS Latency 2.5 DDR Memory
ATI Radeon 9550 256MB DDR 8X AGP Video Card
Creative Labs Audigy 2 Sound Card
19" Samsung CRT Monitor
2 Plextor PX-716SA (Serial ATA) DVD Burners “Firmware 1.08 & 1.09”
1 Pioneer A07 IDE DVD Burner
1 Lite-on 16X DVD-ROM
Canopus ADVC-110 Analog to Digital Converter
JVC DR-MV1SL Combination DVD-R Recorder & S-Video VCR
One 80GB Maxtor 7200RPM 8MB Cache HD
Three 300GB Maxtor 7200RPM 16MB Cache HD’s
Two 200GB Seagate 7200RPM 8MB Cache External USB 2.0 HD’s
Epson Stylus Photo R320 Direct to CD/DVD Printer
HP 5850 DeskJet Wireless Printer
HP Officejet 4215 All-in-One Printer
HP 6300cxi ScanJet Scanner

Microsoft Windows XP Pro with SP-2,
AnyDVD
CloneDVD 2
CloneCD
DVD Decrypter
DVD Shrink
Roxio Easy Media Creator 7.5

The truth is incontrovertible.
Panic may resent it;
Ignorance may deride it;
malice may distort it;
but there it is.

Holy Crap Batman! Its the biggest sig I’ve ever seen.:slight_smile:

Yes, a wee bit ridiculous. :iagree:

Try me

Yes. I can legally make a backup of a rented dvd movie:

Levies and Technological Measures

Under the updated Dutch Copyright Act, digital copying for private purposes is allowed. However, right holders are compensated for the losses by a levy on recording media – e.g. recordable CDs and DVDs, audio- and videotapes and, possibly, hard-discs. Currently, the levy paid for CD-recordables specifically intended for music is 0,42 Euro per hour that fits on the disk, while for CDs intended for data it is 0,14 Euro per CD.

Of course, it would not be fair if a levy were due on recording media, if private copying is technologically blocked. The consumer would pay for something he would not get. Therefore, copyright owners who use copy protection mechanisms, for instance on music CDs, cannot apply for compensation. Moreover, as more copying is technologically blocked, the levy should become lower. The Dutch Minister of Justice adds that all levies may be abolished, once reliable and standardized technological measures are available. Copyright holders then no longer have a choice to either technologically block private copying, or to apply for compensation through the levy scheme. They must fend for themselves.

See also http://www.euro-copyrights.org/index/1/10

Use google. Search for “cd stamping”, “glass master stamping” and so on. You are bound to come across brand names.
Also, Wikipedia is probably a good source of info.

Could you ponder the fact, that for the 1 to 20 reasons you decided to give the truely meaningless replys you gave, that there might be 400 to 10,000 reasons you should have done the opposite ?

Jesus christ, calm down, will ya? Those replies weren’t meaningless. This is a board specializing in copying cds at home with a standard writer; you’re doing the equivalent of going in a moped board and asking about building a lamborghini.

I guess I am now at a point that I dont “expect” anyone here to have any valuble information, just a bunch of chit chat.

Google and wikipedia have all the information you seek, certainly more than anyone here can give you. Use them.
And excuse us if we’re not cd stamping geniuses.

And frankly, even stamping machines won’t do what you want.

Ok, let’s backtrack here.

Let’s assume that there’s some LEGITIMATE reason to want to copy Starforce or Securom protected discs. There isn’t, but let’s pretend that there is.

The answer is no. There is no hardware that will do Starforce unless you can convince the Starforce people to sell you some media. You can’t, so let’s skip that one entirely.

Securom? Maybe. Maybe a stamping machine. Nobody here knows about stamping machines other than “we can’t afford a $25k machine”.

But there is no “readily available” commercial product that makes perfect copies of protected disks. Not a one. If you do find one, please let us know because it would be big news here!

It takes a mastering encoder system (US$50,000-$200,000 depending on speeds and copy protection options).

This encoder connects to a LBR (laser beam recorder) that burns data onto a special glass master. This system costs somewhere between US$800,000 to $1,500,000).

Once the glass is burned, it must be developed (several thousand dollar system).

Then it must be metalized (several thousand dollar system).

Then it is put in ‘galvanics’ (many several thousand dollar system) to grow the stamper.

The stamper is placed in plastic molding machines (many many many thousand dollar system).

The end result is a disc every 3-5 seconds or so.

But the first part (the mastering encoder) can not make copies of already protected discs. It can APPLY the protection to a non protected image though.

Hope this helps.
Rich

I forgot to mention the clean room that some of this equipment must be in. And, the special glass is fairly expensive per piece as well. Not 100% sure on the prices listed above, but I’m pretty close I bet.