Ulead VideoStudio 11 HD Options

Hi,

Just playing around with my new copy of VideoStudio 11.5. It says quite clearly on the Ulead website that it will create HD DVD discs from 1280 x 720 and up. However, when you select Create Disc/HD DVD disc, the lowest setting available appears to be 1440x1080 in the change MPEG settings option.

As my Camera and TV are only 720p I’m wondering why this setting is not available despite all the blurb about the program saying it is. There’s nothing in the manual either?

Any help much appreciated.

[quote=solentsurfer;1972234]Hi,

Just playing around with my new copy of VideoStudio 11.5. It says quite clearly on the Ulead website that it will create HD DVD discs from 1280 x 720 and up. However, when you select Create Disc/HD DVD disc, the lowest setting available appears to be 1440x1080 in the change MPEG settings option.

As my Camera and TV are only 720p I’m wondering why this setting is not available despite all the blurb about the program saying it is. There’s nothing in the manual either?

Any help much appreciated.[/quote] This is quite interesting, but I dont know if it will help with your specific problem
http://www.takeoneflix.com/category/ulead-videostudio/ I just bought the program also. LOL. It does take quite a learning curve for me.:o

[QUOTE=solentsurfer;1972234]Hi,

Any help much appreciated.[/QUOTE]

There are selectable settings, and there is also a CUSTOM setting option. I’m not where I can look at mine, but have you tried the CUSTOM option to see if it will allow you to do that?

1440x1080 is the lowest setting here, with the HD Power Pack installed. I’m not sure what happens if you choose the option to save the project as different file types, maybe there’s more options there.

IF the software came with the camera then its OEM and its no surprise that it is limited to 1440x1080!!!