UK supplier of DVD-10s?

vbimport

I’ve been using DVD-10s for data backup for a couple of years now and the only ones I’ve ever been able to find have been Ritek G03. Even they’ve been impossible for me to get hold of for the past year and I’m down to my last spindle.

Help! Does anyone know of a UK supplier of DVD-10s? Are they this hard to find abroad too?!

They were never very popular, and have disappeared for the most part. This company in the US still sells them, and will ship overseas, but it is likely to be very expensive:

http://www.genesysdtp.com/

Search at that site for Ridata brand dvds. I couldn’t get a direct link to them. They are 9.4gb 8x speed, DVD-R, made by Ritek.

Perhaps someone will chip in with a UK supplier.

By the way, welcome to the forums daveskillin. :slight_smile:

I’m completely flummoxed what a DVD-R 10 is - All I know is a DVD-5 is the single layer disc and DVD-9 are DL discs. What on earth is a DVD-10, however? :confused:

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2583253]They were never very popular, and have disappeared for the most part. This company in the US still sells them, and will ship overseas, but it is likely to be very expensive:

http://www.genesysdtp.com/

Search at that site for Ridata brand dvds. I couldn’t get a direct link to them. They are 9.4gb 8x speed, DVD-R, made by Ritek.

Perhaps someone will chip in with a UK supplier.

By the way, welcome to the forums daveskillin. :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that, Kerry. Nice to know that they still exist, somewhere!

In case anyone’s thinking about it, shipping to the UK pretty much doubles the price and then you’ll have a huge import tax bill from HMRC to pay on top of that. Really annoying that HMRC charges import tax on the shipping as well :a

I get the feeling that I’ll be going back to DVD-5s soon :frowning:

[QUOTE=Chad_Bronson;2583301]I’m completely flummoxed what a DVD-R 10 is - All I know is a DVD-5 is the single layer disc and DVD-9 are DL discs. What on earth is a DVD-10, however? :confused:[/QUOTE] In this context, I believe the original poster is referring to double-sided DVDs - DVDs that are burnt on both sides, and you have to flip them over to read/play both sides.

[QUOTE=Chad_Bronson;2583301]I’m completely flummoxed what a DVD-R 10 is - All I know is a DVD-5 is the single layer disc and DVD-9 are DL discs. What on earth is a DVD-10, however? :confused:[/QUOTE]

DVD-10s are double-sided DVD-5s, Chad - great for saving space as they hold a little more than dual-layer DVDs. You can only write in the centre though, which I assume is the reason why they haven’t caught on.

DVD-18s (double-sided DVD-9s) exist too, allegedly. Never seen a recordable one and I’ve only seen one retail movie that was dual layer and double-sided.

I’m assuming that you haven’t seen any DVD-10s then? lol