UK retailer SVP Communications sold to investor

[LEFT]Online recordable disc retailer SVP Communications has been sold recently to an investor, this according to a thread on an UK DVD Forum. The company was founded in 1999 and operates a warehouse near Plymouth from where it supplies the United Kingdom and the rest of Europe.

The owner of the company has confirmed the sale of his company in the forum thread and has announced he will go into semi-retirement: “For anyone who’s concerned about the company being under new ownership - you’ve got nothing to worry about. Myself and Pete (Pete’s the other director of SVP) will still both be involved”, he added. “Pete has been my right-hand man for the last 9 years since I headhunted him after meeting him at a conference. He’s been the company’s Director of Operations for the last 5 years and will be SVP’s new Managing Director while I go into semi-retirement doing a few hours work each day to make sure the company is looking after you all.”

According to the owner the investor will also become the new director: “Pete will be sharing responsibilities with a new investor and director at SVP named Andrew Meikle who brings with him 15 years managerial experience in the IT industry, and an excellent attitude towards customer service that I know makes him perfect for his upcoming role within SVP.”[/LEFT]

read more…

I do hope that the high standard of customer support is maintained.
I buy all my media and many other goodies from SVP and would not like having to seek out anyone else.

[quote=News Editor;2078647][LEFT]Online recordable disc retailer SVP Communications has been sold recently to an investor, this according to a thread on an UK DVD Forum. The company was founded in 1999 and operates a warehouse near Plymouth from where it supplies the United Kingdom and the rest of Europe.[/LEFT]

[LEFT][/quote]

They were so close to me and I didn’t even know.

Generally great media from them from what I recall.[/LEFT]

[QUOTE=Womble;2078699]They were so close to me and I didn’t even know.

Generally great media from them from what I recall.[/LEFT][/QUOTE]

Yeah, not a huge distance from me, either :slight_smile:

Definitely, and excellent customer care - I really hope that customer service standard doesn’t drop, but the fact that Steve and his partner will still be involved is a good sign :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, the service level has dropped considerably over recent months. My two most recent orders have been botched by SVP.

The first on a next business day delivery did not arrive for 3 days, despite my having paid for the service. In their favour, SVP refunded 50% of the delivery costs.

The most recent (yesterday) order was for two sets of ink cartridges. Unfortunately, within 20 minutes of placing the order, it became evident that one of my printers was terminal and that a new unit was required. I immediately contacted SVP via their ‘Ticket’ system to ask that the order be held as I needed to make a substitution of the inks that were now surplus to requirements.

Four hours later I receive an email to state that they would contact the warehouse and get back to me. They never did.

I have today raised several further tickets, requested 2 callbacks and sent emails to their directors, Steve, Pete and Andrew. Nobody has had the courtesy to reply.

By the way, it’s impossible to call them as their automated phone system sends you around in circles and is clearly not manned. I know as I’ve been trying for nearly 36 hours.

Despite all the tickets and emails as of now I have still received no response apart from an email to confirm dispatch of the original order this evening, 30 hours after I first alerted them to the fact that I needed to make a substitution.

It saddens me that ithis once superb company has fallen so low in its service levels. My order and request were very simple and could have been resolved if someone within SVP had taken the time to offer just a fraction of the service they once did.

I for one shall not be using this SVP again.