UK Member - What Quality DVD+R's recommended

vbimport

Hi - it’s been a very long time since I last posted - but its good to be back.

I have found to my amazement - that my beloved Verbatims Azo DVD+R’s are no longer the Defacto defacto choice for “CD/DVD freaks” like me.

Some clarification would be most welcome:

(I have a SH-S203P Samsung Drive.)

Could UK members please recommend good DVD+R media I can use to replace the Verbatims I had so come to love (Archival Quality).

Thanks - and it’s good to be back.

Amarz - UK

[QUOTE=Amarz;2549636]Hi - it’s been a very long time since I last posted - but its good to be back.

I have found to my amazement - that my beloved Verbatims Azo DVD+R’s are no longer the Defacto defacto choice for “CD/DVD freaks” like me.

Some clarification would be most welcome:

(I have a SH-S203P Samsung Drive.)

[U][B]Could UK members please recommend good DVD+R media I can use to replace the Verbatims I had so come to love (Archival Quality).[/B][/U]

Thanks - and it’s good to be back.

Amarz - UK[/QUOTE]
Welcome back :clap:
I am not from the UK but Verbatim should be available to you somewhere :bigsmile:.
http://club.myce.com/f1/what-have-you-just-bought-cd-dvd-related-otherwise-177736/index282.html#post2546856

hanks for you post Jamescooley1, I can get hold of Verbatims - I know to stay away from the MIIB, but even the MIT’s ones seem to be looked down uppon - with the UAE’s seem to be hit and miss.

How are people finding the Verb MIT’s? - Is JVC Premium Grade TY’s the only real archival grade media available in the UK???

Please give your opinions - Thanks!

[QUOTE=Amarz;2549750]Please give your opinions - Thanks![/QUOTE]

As with all blank media and it doesn’t really matter what brand it is it is going
to be hit or miss. There will be times when some bad batches will make it out
the door to the general public which can happen to any brand of blank media be
it Verbatim, JVC/TY, TDK, etc., etc., it just happens. :iagree: :sad:

There is no guarantee that the last batch of discs you bought no matter what the
brand is and the new batch of the same brand and kind of discs are going to be the
same on quality. :eek:

Just my 2¢ worth. :bigsmile:

Thanks for your response getit29.

Your point is well taken are is certainly true.

But this being an enthusiast forum = we take it to the next level up.

I am willing to bet money - that there are certain disc/dyes that you purchase - surely you don’t risk G05’s if you see my dilemma?

I’m talking about the discs that people prefer to shop for - the heavy weights of the enthusiast scene.

Can I ask you - what are the most frequent discs you look for.

So lets just forget batch variation[B] just for a moment[/B] -
I doubt many people of this forum would pick a Verb MIB over a Verb MIT / UAE stack???

So still please - right now - what the the top 2/3 purchasable 100 stacks in the UK that UK members buy?

Thanksy

[QUOTE=Amarz;2550022]Thanks for your response getit29.

Your point is well taken are is certainly true.

But this being an enthusiast forum = we take it to the next level up.

I am willing to bet money - that there are certain disc/dyes that you purchase - surely you don’t risk G05’s if you see my dilemma?

I’m talking about the discs that people prefer to shop for - the heavy weights of the enthusiast scene.

Can I ask you - what are the most frequent discs you look for.

So lets just forget batch variation[B] just for a moment[/B] -
I doubt many people of this forum would pick a Verb MIB over a Verb MIT / UAE stack???

So still please - right now - what the the top 2/3 purchasable 100 stacks in the UK that UK members buy?

Thanksy[/QUOTE]
1.TY +R 8x
2.Verbatim 16x +R(U.A.E. or M.I.T.) They no longer use Prodisc M.I.T. just CMC MAG. Just look for the UPC symbol the country of manufacture will be listed there
3.Sony +R 16x