UK Deal; 100 Verbatims (£12.99) 100 Philips (£14.99)

Staples B&M stores have the following deals

Verbatim 50pk DVD+/-R 16x £12.99 BOGOF
Philips 50pk DVD+/-R 16x £14.99 BOGOF

Certainly the best deal ive seen in the UK for , even SVP with Google Checkout discount is moure.

Time for my usual visit to Staples and PCW then.

Thanks for the heads-up :flower:

Yo Arachne-

Here goes another media buying frenzy- :iagree: :iagree:

Those are some kick@$$ prices for the [I]goodstuff[/I]-eh!! :iagree: :iagree:

(btw - [I]moure[/I] - is that the Empire Modified Spelling Substitute-eh? :rolleyes:

Good price. I’d get some if I didn’t have a box and a half of Infiniti’s laying round! :slight_smile:

Well couldn’t resist.

Picked up 300 and they are TYG03’s :doh:

Northampton branch cleared out :cop:

Excellent! I’m going Monday, I know Staples here has TYG03s :iagree:

[QUOTE=>:|sh4d0w|:<]Staples B&M stores have the following deals

Verbatim 50pk DVD+/-R 16x £12.99 BOGOF
Philips 50pk DVD+/-R 16x £14.99 BOGOF

Certainly the best deal ive seen in the UK for , even SVP with Google Checkout discount is moure.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i saw them in there today, the -R’s where TYG03’s. Although im sure it said £19.99 and i dont recall it saying buy one get one free other wise i may have just bought.

^ Ive heard reports from a few people that in some stores the offer is not advertised, but the discs scan at £12.99 BOGOF at the tills. This is a nationwide offer.

[QUOTE=>:|sh4d0w|:<]^ Ive heard reports from a few people that in some stores the offer is not advertised, but the discs scan at £12.99 BOGOF at the tills. This is a nationwide offer.[/QUOTE]

Funny, it was like that here in Bristol last time they had a BOGOF on 50 packs of Verbs. I asked at the till and they confirmed the discs were on offer.

Pick the discs up as soon as you can, this was posted on a few deals websites this morning so word will spread. You know how it is, every man and his dog is clued up on verbs and ty’s these days :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=>:|sh4d0w|:<]Pick the discs up as soon as you can, this was posted on a few deals websites this morning so word will spread. You know how it is, every man and his dog is clued up on verbs and ty’s these days :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Rats, let’s hope apart from Zebadee and me there aren’t many other media freaks in Bristol :bigsmile:

My local had MII and MIT MCC004, and -R TYG03’s. The MIT’s were PAPA CMC’s, so i decided to get one TY and one CMC spindle, but staples have the policy that it had to be the same product, not stated in the ad :a . In the end got 2 spindles of TYG03 as ive never burned them before, and other freaks have been getting good results :bigsmile:

Thanks for the heads up on that one ;)…looks like it’s 2 spindles of TYG03 if they have any left, or 2 spindles of MCC004 for me then.

Edit: that really sucks they didn’t mention that though. One spindle of TYG03 and one of CMC/Prodisc MCC004 would’ve been great…

Indeed, they werent budging though, starting to think i shouldve gone for the CMC’s. Been on a bit of a buying spree with media recently, so had to control myself not to get two of each. :). My store had about 10 spindles of TYG03, no other -R’s, and in +R’s had about 30 MII, and 4 spindles of CMC MIT’s, no prodiscs. THe MII was the never stock aswell, seems its replacing the MIT’s as far as +R is concerned.

[QUOTE=>:|sh4d0w|:<]Indeed, they werent budging though, starting to think i shouldve gone for the CMC’s. Been on a bit of a buying spree with media recently, so had to control myself not to get two of each. :). My store had about 10 spindles of TYG03, no other -R’s, and in +R’s had about 30 MII, and 4 spindles of CMC MIT’s, no prodiscs. THe MII was the never stock aswell, seems its replacing the MIT’s as far as +R is concerned.[/QUOTE]

Our Staples has gone the other way…awhile back it was wall to wall MII, but now they’re starting to shift towards mainly CMC and some Prodisc again. :slight_smile:

Gonna get a couple of the Philips spindles as well (don’t laugh!) - I need them for testing purposes. :wink:

Yes er… £2 more and the chance of Riteks, Infome’s, MBI’s :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=>:|sh4d0w|:<]Yes er… £2 more and the chance of Riteks, Infome’s, MBI’s :)[/QUOTE]

Actually, I’ll only get them if the Staples here will let me get - and +R (I’ll bat my eyelashes a bit). If not, it’s not worth it. :wink:

The Infome’s actually burn well on this 20x Litey :eek:

Oh, and post scans of your TYG03s in here so our American friends can see what they’re like :bigsmile:

Apparently the problem was that the + and - reorder codes are different, and they wont scan with the discount it different. The assistant was already to put it through, but needed the supervisor, she came over and started harping on about + and -. May well have to go back for those PAPA’s but its such a trek.

Hi :slight_smile:
I’ll stick to Novatech. 100 for £19.22 . :stuck_out_tongue: :iagree: :bigsmile:
Cause they’re stock is more consistant.
Probably better stored.
Having checked online, Staples are no longer listing 50 disc tubs either.

Hehe…well I’ll see what they have in-store anyway :slight_smile: