UK: Best external enclosure for burning 2x on pioneer 115d?

vbimport

I’ve read about the nec chipsets in the other thread, and the syba enclosure isn’t available in the UK, which external enclosure would you recommend? I only have a USB 2 connection, no firewire ports on my machine

2x? Do you mean 20x?

2x, not 20x. I need one that is reliable and provides the most accurate burning of an image

You may want to read this thread:

[B]Read first:[/B] Did you know: Slow write speeds + modern drives + modern media = no good

that is very odd, literally every single xbox 360 burning guide and eveen on forums generally say that 2x, or 2.4x is the best speed, at most 4x, otherwise it causes disk read errors.

regardless, I’ll be burning to verbatic dvd+r dl discs, which have a 2.4x max burning rate (maybe a 8x burning rate)

Another recent, actually XBox related, example which proves why “slower is always better” is just a myth: click.

This myth simply doesn’t want to die it seems.

I thought you were talking about burning all DVD media at 2x; sorry for the confusion.

Any enclosure that works at all with your drive should be able to burn at 2.4x (if the drive allows it). It’s the highest burning speeds that may not be achievable, depending on enclosure and your system.

2.4x rated DVD+R DL media often (but not always) burn better at 4x in modern DVD burners BTW.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2145924]I thought you were talking about burning all DVD media at 2x; sorry for the confusion.

Any enclosure that works at all with your drive should be able to burn at 2.4x (if the drive allows it). It’s the highest burning speeds that may not be achievable, depending on enclosure and your system.

2.4x rated DVD+R DL media often (but not always) burn better at 4x in modern DVD burners BTW.[/QUOTE]

your saying all enclosures burn at the same quality at such low speeds?

any recommendations? :wink:

I think nearly all USB2 enclosures are good for 8 to 12x burning, its just if you want to reach any higher you will have issues.

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/143273/show_product_reviews

I think thats my choice, uses a PL2506 chipset, not that it matters anyway

I don’t know if that enclosure uses a Prolific PL-2506 chipset, but if it does, you probably won’t be able to burn DVDs faster than 12x with your drive.

I haven’t tried any of my Pioneer drives in a PL-2506 enclosure, but I’m using two of them for Plextor drives.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2146019]I don’t know if that enclosure uses a Prolific PL-2506 chipset, but if it does, you probably won’t be able to burn DVDs faster than 12x with your drive.

I haven’t tried any of my Pioneer drives in a PL-2506 enclosure, but I’m using two of them for Plextor drives.[/QUOTE]

I did a google search for the manufacturer number on the website, and I found http://www.supcdz.com/eng/IUB5AL.htm. Looks the same…