UK - Arita Ritek G05 DVD-R 50 for £7.00!

vbimport

Hi,
Just had an email from the place I buy my discs from with a special offer. Just thought I would share it with you guys!

August Special Offer from Discsonline:

To thank you for being a valued customer, we would like to give something back to you.
Arita Ritek (G05 dye) DVD-R in 50 packs for £7.00
http://www.discsonline.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=aritaritek

Simply enter the code: aritekfor7 when prompted in the checkout.

This offer is available until the 26th September 2008, and is unlimited to the amount of users. So feel free to share it with your friends and family.
Please note this offer is online only

More offers will be emailled soon!
Thanks
Discsonline

Hope this helps someone.
Cheers!

Thanks for the post, nice to see more UK deals.

Just to warn you though, there’s likely to be many posts criticizing you posting any deal involving Ritek G05’s! :Z

[QUOTE=jubjubbird;2116662]Thanks for the post, nice to see more UK deals.

Just to warn you though, there’s likely to be many posts criticizing you posting any deal involving Ritek G05’s! :Z[/QUOTE]

Hi jubjubbird,
Thanks for the reply. I personally don’t have any troubles with ritek’s? I would recommend them all day long. What troubles have you had? I think the problem is there are lots of different brands of them. I had some gold ones once that were SHOCKING, but these ones seem very good.
What do you recommend? Might be worth an email to see if we can get a deal on something else! (got to be worth a try :smiley: what is the worst they can say!!)
Thanks

[QUOTE=thesystemisdown;2116666]Hi jubjubbird,
Thanks for the reply. I personally don’t have any troubles with ritek’s? I would recommend them all day long. What troubles have you had?[/QUOTE]

Hi thesystemisdown,
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f33/warning-ritek-g05-data-loss-145871/
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f33/ritek-g05-crap-media-182866/

DOH!
ooooh, not seen that. hmmm, well from personal experience not had trouble with the G05’s (looks like there is 2 of us!! http://club.cdfreaks.com/f33/warning-ritek-g05-data-loss-145871/index4.html#post2017308 ) but I suppose other people have had different experiences.

Oh well, the discount is there if anyone needs it. I will let you know if anymore offers appear from here or any other companies.

[QUOTE=jubjubbird;2116662]Thanks for the post, nice to see more UK deals.

Just to warn you though, there’s likely to be many posts criticizing you posting any deal involving Ritek G05’s! :Z[/QUOTE]

Agreed on both counts…while it’s great to see more deals for us UK’ers, it’s a shame it had to be for G05, which is possibly the worst media ever made.

That would be very much appreciated, thanks :smiley:

Just emailled them, and they said they will send me a list of the latest discount codes later, so hopefully should be some good bargains too be had!!
Will let you know.
Should I put the offers in here, or start a new thread?

Hi

Simply the [B]worst[B][/B][/B]media ever made!!!

NBK

[QUOTE=thesystemisdown;2116704]Just emailled them, and they said they will send me a list of the latest discount codes later, so hopefully should be some good bargains too be had!!
Will let you know.
Should I put the offers in here, or start a new thread?[/QUOTE]

I’d start a new thread for the offers, since the title of this one indicates Arita discs only :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=thesystemisdown;2116704]Just emailled them, and they said they will send me a list of the latest discount codes later, so hopefully should be some good bargains too be had!!
Will let you know.
Should I put the offers in here, or start a new thread?[/QUOTE]

Looking at the other discs they sell, personally there is nothing there that would I would recommend, and even with discounts there would only be the Infiniti’s that would catch my eye, but they can be fake MCC’s nowadays so probably not worth the risk. Datawrite Grey/Yellow would be OK for giveaway stuff but I wouldn’t use anything there for important data.

As for alternatives, now and then you’ll be able to find Verbatim’s on sale, I think they are (well they were) half price in Sainsburys at £7.50ish for 50, and they are often on sale at PC World/Staples on BOGOF for around £12.99. Other web shops have similar deals, like play.com oftern have Maxell’s or TDK 100pks for £12-15 per 100, which aren’t top line media but I would trust more than the Ritek G05’s. We all would have (in the past) recommended svp.co.uk for all your disc needs, but they seem to be going through a dodgy period as the company have been taken over and they are moving operations elsewhere.

[quote=NBK;2116705]Hi

Simply the [B]worst[/B]media ever made!!![/quote]I agree! They are rather attractive, but that’s the lone positive. Everything else is deep in negative territory. Based on my experience, buy Arita only if you need something to put in your trash bin. I got a rebate from Ritek for 1¢ more than I paid for them ($9.99 shipped from Newegg and $10 rebate), but still felt ripped off because of the stamp to apply for the rebate. 100% coasters! :Z

@ thesystemisdown

I hope we haven’t scared you off!

Hi jubjubbird,
No you haven’t scared me off. Just been busy at work.
I was a wee bit annoyed though, I only posted a discount code and the whole thing has just gone completely off topic.
Sure everyone is entitled to an opinion, but surely the other threads about ritek discs are on here for people to air thier grevencies, not a post where someone like me is just trying to help out.

[QUOTE=thesystemisdown;2118485]Hi jubjubbird,
No you haven’t scared me off. Just been busy at work.
I was a wee bit annoyed though, I only posted a discount code and the whole thing has just gone completely off topic.
Sure everyone is entitled to an opinion, but surely the other threads about ritek discs are on here for people to air thier grevencies, not a post where someone like me is just trying to help out.[/QUOTE]

Hi thesystemisdown,

:)No one is trying to annoy you or insult you:). We are just trying to warn people about [B]RITEK G05’s[/B] propensity for rapid degradation. :aI actually experienced this first hand along with others!!!:o

It is just that [B]Ritek G05[/B] on sale is not a deal…simply put the junk should not be sold at all…

HTH
NBK