Uhd drive compatibility with mini computer

Hi everyone , have not posted in a while but does anyone know if I could install a uhd optic drive to read and write on a " ACEPC AK2 Mini PC, Intel Apollo Lake J3455, Windows 10 Mini Computer,4 GB RAM 64gb rom ?

ww.ebay.co.uk/itm/ACEPC-AK2-Mini-PC-Windows-10-4GB-DDR3-64GB-eMMC-Intel-Celeron-J3455-Mini-Deskt/254487628846?hash=item3b40a50c2e:g:VLMAAOSwvvJdvCMp

You can’t install a drive in it as it is far too small and does not have a drive bay. You can, however, use an external drive connected via USB. I would suggest a BU40N in a Vantec enclosure.

Thanks , an external was what I was thinking of and that’s good news for me as my old computer lacks the right components for 4k.

The ACEPC says it can play 4K but I don’t know how good it will be? A celeron CPU and 4GB of RAM may not be powerful enough. I don’t know. If you are on a budget, it’s worth a try, I guess. If you can afford to spend a bit more, I’d look at the Intel NUC’s.

My HTPC is an almost 3 year old Intel NUC with an i3 CPU, 8GB of RAM and a 2.5" SSD drive. It plays all my 4K MKV’s no sweat.

Thank, I will find out soon enough as it’s arriving this week but the reviews on YouTube do rate it for good 4k payback but mabe they are paid to say that.