Uh oh, here comes Competition, and its free!

vbimport

Hi Rene, just a heads to say how great I apreciate dvd2one, but now is the time I feared where competition would come, that would do a little more and its free… Yep theres a new software called dvdshrink wich does the exact same thing, but has a couple of nice features available and great new ones coming(create an iso from a button)

Anyway, up til now you never had any real competition, not even instantcopy 7 since that you have to pay for, but dvdshrink is free and it works absolutely great Im affraid.

What now?
Any plans for dvd2one to make it even better?
I wondered if we will be able to remove unwanted audio in full movie backups, its the only thing left for me, and I will be a happy guy!

thanks
Frenetic

There was already a message about this new program, but it seems to have been deleted. Strange.

Originally posted by NYCT
There was already a message about this new program, but it seems to have been deleted. Strange.

Really? didnt see it! oh well.

I just tried dvdshrink 1.02 again, it works wonders, 2 things I love about this thing
1: it copies full movies with menus and you get to select wich audio tracks you dont want.

2:you get to select the quality of the special features you want to keep (if you decide you want to keep them or not) so you can compress the special features more than the actual movie, leaving the main movie a better quality.

quite impressed so far, for a freeware

No it was not deleted, i moved that message to here since it was not really DVD2one related anymore.

That audio selecting part is scheduled for the next release (i have the beta for that on my home machine, going todo some testing tonight)