UFO Aftermath Help

Ok I got a Plex Premium and liteon 48x24 jobbie - CLonyXXL dosent seem to pick up any protection from the install disk although I created a nice coaster on the plex - couldnt get clony to read the Play disk tried creating a BWA spikes galore on both drives at 1x speed ? Any help suggestions ?

Firmware updated on both
BWA on install disk ok - just created a coaster though ??
BWA on play disk not good

Help :confused:

Hi as I know on some UFO (I think it is GB) is StarForce v3. Do u have 24-digit code to game ? If yes u can pray and wait until someone will do it.

Otherwise…no idea. On my UFO is Securom

Oh bugger - its GB version but does not require code - just slap it in an load up.

I think all European copies of UFO will be Starforce 3 (as listed on the Starforce website).

I didn’t know that there was a securom version until last night.

The Securom version is 4.85.01.0005

Is this the version available in the US & Canada?

I have tested the game out today and got to say that it is as close to an up-to-date XCom type game as you will ever get. It is great :D:bow:

Unfortunately I will probably have to buy a US copy so I can make a backup for safe keeping :(.

Are you sure about the Starforce 3 bit? I get mine to be SecuRom 4.85.1.0005 and I bought my copy in the UK. Scan the executable in the install directory and see what you get.

Hmm Ok I got a rescan with Clony XXL appears to be SecuRom 4.85 - so why Iam creating coasters on either drive ? Or am I missing a setup option ?

Originally posted by Tyro
Are you sure about the Starforce 3 bit? I get mine to be SecuRom 4.85.1.0005 and I bought my copy in the UK. Scan the executable in the install directory and see what you get.

I can’t find it now but it was on Starforce’s own site that UFO: Aftermath was to be protected with Starforce 3 in Europe.

Maybe the deal fell through last minute or something and it ended up being protected with SecuRom instead, or there was a shortage of supply in the European market so they shipped some US copies over.

But I am certain its SecuRom because I bought the thing here in the UK and Clony reports it to be SecuRom.

Nobody said UFO should have been protected by Starforce, they ONLY said that Starforce 3 had been used to protect DEVELOPMENT TEST VERSIONS of the game, not the version out in stores. It seems it’s protected by newest Securom as said in this thread, my copy I bought in Czech Republic (the country UFO cames from, BTW) is definitely protected by Securom. This Securom is bad not as bad as Starforce3, as it can be beaten using subchannels and RPMS & emulation, no unplugging of IDE CD-ROMs is necessary (thank GOD!).

AkenBosh: What burner do you have? I’ve have no success with my liteon based one.

Originally posted by scollops
- CLonyXXL dosent seem to pick up any protection from the install disk
It may well not. Look here for scanning tools and tips

Spanish version have Starforce v3. Checked and really a big problem when trying to backup.

At least, in Spain they are not playing with copies.

Good luck!