UDF 2.50/mirrored metadata/NTFS streams support

I’m looking for a tool to create UDF 2.50 compliant data images for backup/archival purposes. I know that ImgBurn supports UDF 2.50, but it does not appear to allow the metadata partition that contains file system information to be mirrored, nor do I see that ImgBurn supports copying NTFS alternate data streams into the image.

Ideally, I’d like to mirror the UDF 2.50 metadata partition to give a better chance of file recovery years down the road, then use QuickPar to add parity across the files themselves on each disk and FlexRaid to add parity across 15+ disks at a time.

I’ve looked at solutions like DVDisaster (which is really good), but adding parity across disk sectors to retrieve file system information seems like overkill (20% space lost) when the UDF 2.50 spec has features to protect against that built in.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.

[quote=derson;2201596]I’ve looked at solutions like DVDisaster (which is really good), but adding parity across disk sectors to retrieve file system information seems like overkill (20% space lost) when the UDF 2.50 spec has features to protect against that built in.[/quote] You can use DVDisaster with less than 20% redundancy if you so choose. DVDisaster will complain but will then proceed. Your data will of course then not be protected against the same amount of damage.

The other questions I can’t answer.

Welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile: