Ubisoft CEO claims piracy rate of 93% on PC games

vbimport

#1

Ubisoft CEO claims piracy rate of 93% on PC games.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2012/08/szxUvh.jpg[/newsimage]The CEO of Ubisoft has stated in an interview that free-to-play games are more profitable than PC games due to high pirate rates


Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/ubisoft-ceo-claims-piracy-rate-of-93-on-pc-games-63398/](http://www.myce.com/news/ubisoft-ceo-claims-piracy-rate-of-93-on-pc-games-63398/)


Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

#2

I wouldn’t play an Ubisoft game if you paid me. Their draconian DRM has alienated so many players.


#3

Piracy is no excuse… if you make crap, it will not sell! If you make a good product then people will buy it! Plain and simple… that’s why people still go to the movies after learning that they could download every movie off Pirate Bay or another torrent site…

Also, many movie theaters have rolled back prices after trying to jack them up from $7-$9 to $10 & $15… So, you still have to charge a REASONABLE PRICE too…


#4

You will always have people trying to make the internet completely “free” as well plus some people just like the challenge of breaking into games and moding and all that jazz.


#5

[QUOTE=irishflame1;2651558]You will always have people trying to make the internet completely “free” as well plus some people just like the challenge of breaking into games and moding and all that jazz.[/QUOTE]
And you will always have people coming up with bogus statistics just to push their own agendas…


#6

Ubisoft’s board of directors and/or managers should consider this “93% of OUR games are pirated” as a challenge.

“Why are only 7% of the population willing to pay to play, while the other 93% won’t play our games unless they ARE free?”

Free enterprise and free market - it says a lot, even with a skull & crossbones flying on the mast.


#7

[QUOTE=DukeNukem;2651498]I wouldn’t play an Ubisoft game if you paid me. Their draconian DRM has alienated so many players.[/QUOTE]This is exactly why they have crap sales figures, It has nothing to do with piracy or any other reason. Like DukeNukem I myself will never buy an Ubisoft game again EVER while they have that shit DRM included. Ubisoft had a sale the other week here on the online store certain games for $1, I was set to buy one then saw it had the crap infestation, Needless to say I stopped the purchase immediately as I won’t even take one for free with that malware in it.