U.S. soldiers buying pirated movies has MPAA worried

vbimport

I just posted the article U.S. soldiers buying pirated movies has MPAA worried.

A newly declassified document released by the United States Central Command indicates the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) asked military officers to crack down on soldiers purchasing pirated goods in Iraq.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/u-s-soldiers-buying-pirated-movies-has-mpaa-worried-29809/](http://www.myce.com/news/u-s-soldiers-buying-pirated-movies-has-mpaa-worried-29809/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I’d love to see the RIAA and MPAA suing the US Army. That will make my day.

I guess it is not enough for the MPAA that these military people give their blood and, too often, their lives. Now they want the money out of their wallets while they fight a war. These people from the RIAA and MPAA are absolutely pathetic, IMO.

Holy Crap… the MPAA/RIAA doesn’t care about find innovative ways to get their products to customers who are willing to pay. They just want to stop piracy (but offer no solutions).

And they’re going after people who risk their lives… buy movies/music in a country where there’s probably few legitimate means… ugh…

Why does the industry need these clowns? They seems like a useless middlemen who just takes their cut between the artists and the customers?

If the MPAA gets too sue happy they find find a bunch of marines in downtown Hollyweird knocking on their door with loaded guns.

The MPAA has no shame. What a terrible organization…

I don’t think there’s anything in the UCMJ about copyright infringement . . . is there?

NOTE. you can buy pirated movies anywhere in the world…from $2…to $10 …its like the golden triangle…they can deliver anywhere in the world … the world is getting smaller …so stop the crapp… and the greed…you are destroying something they call entertainment…it passes time in the funny country. D-HEADS.