U.S. Federal court judge rules that you cannot resell your mp3's

vbimport

I just posted the article U.S. Federal court judge rules that you cannot resell your mp3’s.

[quote][/quote]

Click to read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/u-s-federal-court-judge-rules-that-you-cannot-resell-your-mp3s-66654/](http://www.myce.com/news/u-s-federal-court-judge-rules-that-you-cannot-resell-your-mp3s-66654/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Well, I think this is highly unfortunate. Now it’s impossible to find a legal way around the digital “no second hand” BS that Microsoft and Sony are using for their gaming consoles. indeed, we Americans are all by law slaves to the whims of big business A-- holes.

Somehow I bet the rest of the world will soon follow suit.

Next will be CD, DVD and Blu-ray second hand sales… Just watch the politicians be bribed…

A disappointing verdict as this would have made life interesting for the RIAA.

I can see where they’re coming from though from a legal perspective.

Based on this decision however it would seem likely that when you sell a PC or MP3 player or e-reader etc., you’re also entitled to sell with it the original downloads to that device that you’ve bought on-line.

[B]Wombler[/B]

And then they wonder why piracy is so widespread. :-\

[QUOTE=Wombler;2683041]I can see where they’re coming from though from a legal perspective.[/QUOTE]
Maybe, you mean the judge’s reference?.. Anyway, I can’t find a way to support this no-resale policy. I mean, you bought it - you own it; should be (really) simple.

Which is why you should buy CDs and make your own MP3s. At least for now you can still legally resell CDs.

How many of you dear readers would actually delete all additional copies of an MP3 before selling it? For that matter, how many of you delete all copies of a CD or DVD file before selling it?

If you cant resell them, they are not yours.:wink: Thats means they are only really rentals.:bigsmile:

The United States should have banned all public libraries and free education.

Ken! NOOOO! That’s a terrible idea!

Do you know how much corruption is gained by politicians and their bureaucrat pals (sisters, wives, brothers, etc) by abusing public libraries and education?!!

What would you do next - shut down our tax-bureaucracy by advocating fairness?!!

HEAVENS!!

:bow::bow:

[QUOTE=Kenshin;2701203]The United States should have banned all public libraries and free education.[/QUOTE]
Well I have an overdue book from a Public library for 47 years, I am afraid to bring it back.:wink:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2701215]Well I have an overdue book from a Public library for 47 years, I am afraid to bring it back.;)[/QUOTE] Al Bundy can tell you what would happen. :iagree:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2701215]I have an overdue book…[/QUOTE]
Oh boy… if we EVER needed blackmail material on Alan…

Except… uh… which one’s you?

Nanoo, nanoo!!
(Oh wait… mixing metaphors in one thing, mixing TV sitcoms is something else.)

The book wasnt even that good either,
[B]“The First Year of Latin Based on Caesar’s War With the Helvetii” :sad:[/B]

Say… wasn’t that written by some guy named CantStanJuh?

Coming from knowing some ancient Greek, Latin wasn’t easy and I more or less started guessing at what the exact meanings were.
Greek has case endings for nouns and so forth in the articles…a lot of the time, there is an article in front of the nouns which gives proper ID of noun’s function in a sentence.

I found a couple of free computer programs that sorted it out…sort of…

No articles in Latin.
Anyway, I have about forgot what I knew about both of them.