Typo in title of audio forum

vbimport

Playback software and Ripping & Ecoding. Hi-Fi & car audio talk as well.

Title says it. PM’d from
chosenfew777.

Should be fixed now. I donated an “n”

I didn’t know “n” was a vowel :wink:

[QUOTE=Bob;2486316]I didn’t know “n” was a vowel ;)[/QUOTE] “An” is used before words that start with a vowel sound, not necessarily a vowel. If the word is an acronym, a number, or a single letter, that is pronounced starting with a vowel, then “an” is used - otherwise “a” is used.

The letter “n” is pronounced: en

So the correct term is [an “n”], not [a “n”].

Aren’t you the one supposed to know English grammar, since it’s your first language, but Liggy’s and my second or third language?! :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2486328]“An” is used before words that start with a vowel sound, not necessarily a vowel. If the word is an acronym, a number, or a single letter, that is pronounced starting with a vowel, then “an” is used - otherwise “a” is used.

The letter “n” is pronounced: en

So the correct term is [an “n”], not [a “n”].

[B]Aren’t you the one supposed to know English grammar, since it’s your first language[/B], but Liggy’s and my second or third language?! :bigsmile:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_and_an[/QUOTE]I’m from “an” old school :smiley: and have oldtimers :doh:

Edit:
Was talking to my 16 year old daughter about some English stuff and a lot has changed since i was in school :doh: :iagree:

I’ll leave the English lessons up to you youngsters :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Bob;2486334]I’m from “an” old school :smiley: and have oldtimers :doh:

Edit:
Was talking to my 16 year old daughter about some English stuff and a lot has changed since i was in school :doh: :iagree:

I’ll leave the English lessons up to you youngsters :)[/QUOTE] Maybe you should practice some more. :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2486328]The letter “n” is pronounced: en

[/QUOTE]

It’s also spelt that way too. :slight_smile:

A lot of people don’t realise that all the letters have spellings as well.

‘h’ is aitch for example.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2486534]‘h’ is aitch for example.[/QUOTE]If i have aitch i scratch it :smiley:

[QUOTE=Bob;2486334]I’m from “an” old school :smiley: and have oldtimers :doh:

Edit:

I’ll leave the English lessons up to you youngsters :)[/QUOTE]

di♥ Dont even want to start :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2486328]

but Liggy’s and my second or third language?! :bigsmile:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_and_an[/QUOTE]

[B]Diane7 congratz the :bow:[/B]
[B]Linguists :flower:[/B]
[B] [/B]

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2486328] Aren’t you the one supposed to know English grammar, since it’s your first language, but Liggy’s and my second or third language?! [/QUOTE]
Texan is my first language ,American my second & English my third.

[QUOTE=diane7;2486591][B]Diane7 congratz the :bow:[/B]
[B]Linguists :flower:[/B]
[B] [/B][/QUOTE]

I’m a cunning linguist . :bigsmile:

Interesting to see what a discussion a single letter can generate

[QUOTE=Liggy;2486664]Interesting to see what a discussion a single letter can generate[/QUOTE] Just wait and see what happens, when we start discussing whole words! :smiley:

[QUOTE=Bob;2486316]I didn’t know “n” was a vowel ;)[/QUOTE]

BOB! I have already spoken to you about this. Is said omething in the Chatbox several weeks ago like, “I was thinking about doing [B]an MBA[/B]”, for which you took me to task.

You obviously weren´t paying attention.

You get detention!

:eek:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2486669]Just wait and see what happens, when we start discussing whole words! :D[/QUOTE]
Or even complicated things like firmwares or optical drives or even different hardware.

Yup, just imagine having firmware published containing a typo (e.g. flipped bit) in a bad place within the file. :eek:

Tomorrows news headline . . . “(Some big OD maker) ruins millions of drives over a typo!”

[QUOTE=Liggy;2486755][B]Or even complicated things[/B] like firmwares or optical drives or even different hardware.[/QUOTE]or guitar playing :cool:

For me playing a guitar is probably more difficult than patching firmwares.

Fortunately I usually don’t patch code that has the ability to brick a drive. One part of my patch has to be called manually, the other part is only called when there’s a disc inside the drive. So it’s always possible to flash back to the original firmware. :bow:

[QUOTE=Liggy;2486807]For me playing a guitar is probably more difficult than patching firmwares.

Fortunately I usually don’t patch code that has the ability to brick a drive. One part of my patch has to be called manually, the other part is only called when there’s a disc inside the drive. So it’s always possible to flash back to the original firmware. :bow:[/QUOTE]yes you do a great job Liggy :smiley:

[QUOTE=Bob;2486820]yes you do a great job Liggy :D[/QUOTE]
Not really. I just need a little training for my brain and bitsetting firmwares for the DVD player in my bedroom to play DVD+R :wink: