TYG03 or Prodisc R05/Prodisc F02

Hi,

I am looking to buy 10 DVD’s, and want to know which one users would recommend? Normally I would choose TYG03 automatically, but I have seen that the bonding isnt exceptionally good, so I am now considering Prodisc as an alternative.

Many thanks

Of course you should go with TYG03 .

You could always consider Verbatim as an alternative or the +R Taiyo Yudens. Prodisc is midrange in terms of quality so they should be ok.

The Prodisc F02 I’ve used don’t scan too nicely, but my backups have been fine since November last year, can still read/rip the data off them fine. Same with the Prodisc F02 I put “everyday use” stuff on - haven’t had one from the same date die on me yet :slight_smile:

what drive do you have? I’m getting excelent results with my litey 160p6s, good results with a benq 1650, and crap results with a TSST-H552b on sony branded tyg03. some drives like the media and some don’t like and/or don’t support it

Well, I have a Benq 1650 BCIC, and to be honest, I’ve never been too impressed with TYG03. I want to try some new media now, I’ve used so much MCC004 :bigsmile:. The backups arent important though, and I like to experiment with new media to see what its like, hence my thinking of Prodisc, which I have never used before.

I used to own a TS-H552B - excellent reader, but a poor burner (mine never, ever recorded a -R disc correctly, regardless of Firmware).

Well, I have a Benq 1650 BCIC, and to be honest, I’ve never been too impressed with TYG03. I want to try some new media now, I’ve used so much MCC004 :bigsmile:. The backups arent important though, and I like to experiment with new media to see what its like, hence my thinking of Prodisc, which I have never used before.

Well if your experimenting, have you used OPTODISC media? as it seems to burn fairly well on some drives. Prodisc’s own media [I]can[/I] be good. It is very batch dependant, like most media is.

I’ve been using Maxell Prodisc F02 for about 5 yrs with several thousand burned…all are still fine.

Best
Sipsey

TYG03 can be pretty darn mediocre if you ask me. If you can get a hold of the Premium TYG03 that minaelromany speaks of, you will be fine. Otherwise you might be paying through the nose for discs that perform similar to the prodiscs lol.

If it’s for testing, maybe buy a 10 pack and see how they go. If there’s not much price difference, then maybe do go with TYG03, as long as it’s not under the Verbatim brand. Those seriously seem to be B grade discs from almost everyone who’s used them (PIF spikes, clumps etc on every disc).

[QUOTE=cd pirate;2087576]go with TYG03, as long as it’s not under the Verbatim brand. Those seriously seem to be B grade discs from almost everyone who’s used them (PIF spikes, clumps etc on every disc).[/QUOTE]
ahhhhhhh man, what does the world come to ?!
I just received some CMC MCC03RG30 that looks like horse sh*t with major errors on the outer edges :frowning:

I was gonna buy TYG03 Verb’ next time :frowning:

so…should I just give up on the idea of burning stuff ?

the “real” TYG03 only exist in unbranded and printable I think ?

[QUOTE=cd pirate;2087576]If you can get a hold of the Premium TYG03 that minaelromany speaks of, you will be fine. .[/QUOTE]

Yeah, those are the Panasonic ones. I have a 100-pack here, and I agree they are very nice. :iagree:

leeperry, look around online for Panasonic TYG03. Or maybe buy some Verbatim 16x +R (MCC004).

ok thanks for the tip!

I’ve never been too keen on the +R stuff, maybe some silly misconception :frowning:

well for a normal price, I can only get unbranded TYG03 :
http://www.nierle3.com/fr/article/5179/DVD-R_4,7_Go_16x_Taiyo_Yuden_non_imprime_spindel_100_pieces.html

unbranded discs that can peel off in no time :slight_smile: