TYG03 burned at 24x

vbimport

Burned at 24x !!!

What do you think about the quality?

Is anybody out there, who can tell me if the 24x burn is ok???

Burns from 8-20x speed i get Quality Index of 95-97, which is pretty good i think.

Here with 24x Speed burn i got only Quality Index of 76, which is still ok for such a speedy burn dont you mind so?

The 7241 is not the greatest scanner there is, some of your scan is questionable, so under Benchmark Run Test-Transfer Test(F2) and post the scan, it should be smooth for a good burn. You should slow down your burn speed.

[QUOTE=flat_line;2484529]Is anybody out there, who can tell me if the 24x burn is ok???

Burns from 8-20x speed i get Quality Index of 95-97, which is pretty good i think.

Here with 24x Speed burn i got only Quality Index of 76, which is still ok for such a speedy burn dont you mind so?[/QUOTE]

jamescooley1 is right. It sounds like your scans are trying to tell you that that batch of discs is better burned at 20X or less :). And if you want to get scan results that are closer to what a Lite-on would give you, change your quality scanning speed to 5X. You still won’t want to compare your PIE levels to Lite-on scans, but PIF’s and quality score will likely be more accurate.

Is this smooth enough, or is it at 3GB zone a little bit bad?

Was the transfer rate test the only thing you were doing at the time? If so, that shaky graph agrees with the scan that you need not write this batch of TYG03 at 24x.

Jamescooley1 asked me for the scan, so i have added it to get a better answer.

For me is clear, it works in DVD stand alone player and can be read by DVD ROM Drive very fast.

Maybe can someone tell me why not use 24x speed in some cases?

With a Transfer Rate test like that I wouldn’t trust the disc for anything important.

Saving a minute on the burn isn’t worth it. Chances are burning those at 24x will give coasters probably sooner than later.

Yes, the drive certainly should not have to struggle like that at the end of a Transfer Rate Test. If it does, it means the drive is having to employ error correction measures greater than normal, and the disc is not so good and not so reliable. It means your drive + your current batch of media will, like Mega said above, have a good chance of producing a coaster at 24x sooner or later if the end of all discs is going to be that shaky.

If it works for you in the moment, 24x may be fine for short-term burns, but to give your discs a better chance to survive degradation & be more compatible with older readers that can’t employ good error-correction write them at a lower speed, 20x or 16x at the least.

[QUOTE=flat_line;2485115]Jamescooley1 asked me for the scan, so i have added it to get a better answer.

For me is clear, it works in DVD stand alone player and can be read by DVD ROM Drive very fast.

Maybe can someone tell me why not use 24x speed in some cases?[/QUOTE]
Thanks, you are getting good advice, slow down to at least rated speed 16x or even 12x would be better if you want long term storage on your back-ups.

Thank you all for the detailed info… :smiley:

I will burn now 16x speed, thats works fine.

I think DVD+R DL can be burned at 8x under this circumstances.

Not clear is for me Blueray burn 12x with Sony BD-R and Pioneer BDR-205, is here no problem?