TYG01 DVDinfopro speedtest results

vbimport

This is my first attempt at burning something with my NEC . Its a DVD movie file (van wilder) and after a bad intro into the DVD world with both a 411S and a BTC1004 + avg media I decided to get the best media this time to rule that one out .
Burned @ 8 speed with nero , verification failed : 1 inaccesseble file .

DFI NFII lanparty Rev B .
AMD barton 2500+ @ 195*11
512 OCZ dual chan platinum edition @ cas2 2-2-3-11
NEC2500A @ prim master , set to master with jumper . fw 1.06 ripspeed unlocked (from pdu’s link)
Windows XP SP1
nero 6.3.0.2
Nvidia 3.13 with IDE installed cause when i uninstalled em my currently disconnected TOSHIBA dvd-rom would only be in PIO mode :c (i think , a real slow setting anyway)

The 411S i owned didnt burn -r’s to well and back then i knew NOTHING about dvd writing + the settings it prefers . My m8 had bought a BTC for less money and claimed it work great for him so i returned the Lite-on and got the BTC . I never got that to work properly despite trying alot of different settings but not all cause i ran out of time (only 7 days to return if not pleased) . Anyway i figured it had to be my system or its setup causing my burner problems . I was/am planning on doing a fresh XP install with all the latest drivers , except the nforce which will be the 2.45 . Putting my fsb back to 166 and ease my memtimings off . Then today i went over to my m8 , who in the meanwhile has toasted his BTC with selfedited fw (lol ;]) and who has also switched to the nec2500A, to copy some files of his . I brought along a FUJIFILM TYG01 dvd-r (first example is a TDK 4 speed TYG01) and when i got back home i ran a speedtest on it .

I’m puzzled by the sortof identical drop of speed near the end . We didnt verify the data with nero on this disk and the drop doesnt occur as much but its at exact the same time . These disk are supposed to wrok flawlessly but here we see 2 seperate disks with the same mediacode burned on 2 seperate drives in two diff computers giving an almost identical ‘error’ . Pdu or the likes ide love to hear your thoughts on this . Ide also like to know what the yellow represents in the graph.
I wish i had a liteon drive so i could some K-probe scanning :c (su schapeke :p)

Tried reading the disc with another drive? Is the reading curve straight there?

Tried reading with NER CD-Speed? Still same reading curve?

Originally posted by xpr-k
[B]

This is my first attempt at burning something with my NEC . Its a DVD movie file (van wilder) and after a bad intro into the DVD world with both a 411S and a BTC1004 + avg media I decided to get the best media this time to rule that one out .
Burned @ 8 speed with nero , verification failed : 1 inaccesseble file .

DFI NFII lanparty Rev B .
AMD barton 2500+ @ 195*11
512 OCZ dual chan platinum edition @ cas2 2-2-3-11
NEC2500A @ prim master , set to master with jumper . fw 1.06 ripspeed unlocked (from pdu’s link)
Windows XP SP1
nero 6.3.0.2
Nvidia 3.13 with IDE installed cause when i uninstalled em my currently disconnected TOSHIBA dvd-rom would only be in PIO mode :c (i think , a real slow setting anyway)

The 411S i owned didnt burn -r’s to well and back then i knew NOTHING about dvd writing + the settings it prefers . My m8 had bought a BTC for less money and claimed it work great for him so i returned the Lite-on and got the BTC . I never got that to work properly despite trying alot of different settings but not all cause i ran out of time (only 7 days to return if not pleased) . Anyway i figured it had to be my system or its setup causing my burner problems . I was/am planning on doing a fresh XP install with all the latest drivers , except the nforce which will be the 2.45 . Putting my fsb back to 166 and ease my memtimings off . Then today i went over to my m8 , who in the meanwhile has toasted his BTC with selfedited fw (lol ;]) and who has also switched to the nec2500A, to copy some files of his . I brought along a FUJIFILM TYG01 dvd-r (first example is a TDK 4 speed TYG01) and when i got back home i ran a speedtest on it .

I’m puzzled by the sortof identical drop of speed near the end . We didnt verify the data with nero on this disk and the drop doesnt occur as much but its at exact the same time . These disk are supposed to wrok flawlessly but here we see 2 seperate disks with the same mediacode burned on 2 seperate drives in two diff computers giving an almost identical ‘error’ . Pdu or the likes ide love to hear your thoughts on this . Ide also like to know what the yellow represents in the graph.
I wish i had a liteon drive so i could some K-probe scanning :c (su schapeke :p) [/B]

TYG01 works great to me. No problem in nero dvd speed.

Interestingly enough I have had exactly the same problem with TYG01. The DVD’s burnt at either 2X, 4X or 8X and they fail at exactly the same point.

I have firmware V1.06 from Herrie’s page.

I can burn TDK-R 4X and FUJI-R 4X with no problems.

Did the original poster solve the problem?

Thanks.

Originally posted by slewis69au
[B]Interestingly enough I have had exactly the same problem with TYG01. The DVD’s burnt at either 2X, 4X or 8X and they fail at exactly the same point.

I have firmware V1.06 from Herrie’s page.

I can burn TDK-R 4X and FUJI-R 4X with no problems.

Did the original poster solve the problem?

Thanks. [/B]

Tried reading the written disc in another drive?

It’s a known fact that the NEC ND-2500A is not a very good reader.

Yes I certainly have - tried reading it in several drives and still the same results with Nero Drivespeed.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Stop overclocking your system, and then try the burns. the burner could be very sensitive to an overclocked bus, same as your hard drive might be, it could be influencing your burns in a negative way.

-gnef

Even with the Nec 2500 I can get this type of curve with CD Speed 3000.
TY are the rare discs accepting this test wuth the NEC

TY G01 (Fuji) burnt at 8X with the NEC 2500

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=614416&postcount=18

Xpr-K (sorry for my english)My first movies was burned with nero and i had many many problems.Then i tried copytodvd and all my movies was perfect.No errors no compatibility problems.Just try it