TY *with* stacking ring?

I burn DVD’s then return them to the spindle. It seems to me that I would want discs with the stacking ring, to keep the distance between the surfaces.

Every site I’ve seen selling Taiyo Yuden discs either say “no stacking ring” or don’t say anything. Is there something I can look for to assure that the ones I buy have them (like a model number), or are they simply not making such discs any more?

Thank you for your advice.

I’ve never seen any TY with a stacking ring. I have some old Maxell 4x and 8x media that have one, all in jewel cases.

All the TDK’s I bought have rings. When did they stop making all DVD’s with rings?
Or is it just TY?

All media has a ring on the bottom, but not many on the top of the disc. The TDKs you bought have a top stack ring?

[QUOTE=Two Degrees;1956197]I’ve never seen any TY with a stacking ring. I have some old Maxell 4x and 8x media that have one, all in jewel cases.[/QUOTE]
Every TY disc I have has a stacking ring.

[QUOTE=CDan;1956454]Every TY disc I have has a stacking ring.[/QUOTE]

I bet it’s on the bottom only…

[QUOTE=Two Degrees;1956465]I bet it’s on the bottom only…[/QUOTE]
Inasmuch as it has no value on the top, and prevents the application of printable surfaces, why would they put one on the top?

I don’t know, but it seems to be advertised as a feature. A good bit of my premium Maxell media has top stack rings, as does a lot of the specialty MXLRG03 sold in Japan (Mori Media, Media Box). It can have a printable layer, just not all the way to the center; in fact, there is printable Mori Media available that has a top stack ring.

[QUOTE=Two Degrees;1956561]I don’t know, but it seems to be advertised as a feature. A good bit of my premium Maxell media has top stack rings, as does a lot of the specialty MXLRG03 sold in Japan (Mori Media, Media Box). It can have a printable layer, just not all the way to the center; in fact, there is printable Mori Media available that has a top stack ring.[/QUOTE]

I’m VERY sure I wouldn’t put a disc in my printers that has a top stacking ring on it. Print head meets stacking ring = OUCH. :eek:

I honestly can’t think of a single good reason to have a ring on top.

According to the Mori Media site, it prevents physical warping of the disc.

Thank you everyone for your replies. You seem to assure me that there is at least a ring on the bottom. I feared that the discs would be right against each other and scratch each other. I’ve placed my order. :slight_smile: