TY vs Verbatim Datalifeplus

I have a spindle of TYG02s sitting around that I bought a few months back and I burned thru about 10-15 of them…they work great but I’m wishing I got the printable ones now :doh: I’ll probably give the rest away to a friend and buy a new 50 pack of dvd-r media which I’m using for data archiving. How do the verbatims compare to TY? Verbatim seems to have a good rep around here but just wanted to hear some opinions.

You’re opening a can of worms with a question like that :wink:

In my limited experience so far with both Verbatim and TY -R media, my NEC 3550A likes TY much better. What type of burner do you have?

I used 1000’s of Verbatim TYG02 and they are 120% perfect with my LG’s. After a few 100’s of Panasonic TYG02 i can safely say they are definately not same quality as Verbatims when burned on LG. Quite different QS

Since unbranded TY/TYG02 is almost same price/quality as Verbatims i think i’ll continue with those :wink:

There’s no definitive answer to that question. But for what it’s worth, here’s my personal opinion:

Verbatim 8x DVD+R (MCC 003) and DVD-R (MCC 02RG20) media (except Pearl White) is nearly as good or just as good as TY 8x media, depending on batch.

Verbatim 16x DVD+R (MCC 004) and DVD-R (MCC 03RG20) media is generally better than TY 16x media, but there is enough variation so that sometimes TY will be better than Verbatim.

An old NEC 2500A but I’m getting ready to pick up an NEC 3550A…I’ll probably just stick with TY the price difference was only a few bucks anyway :slight_smile:

@GregFarz, I would say that it depends on price. If the Verb and TY are pretty close in price, then go with the TY. However if you find a really good sale on the Verbatim (they are often on sale for very good prices) then go with the Verbatim.