TY Speckle Problem, What To get Instead

vbimport

I ordered some x8 FF TY dvd’s where half of them had a load of speckles around the outer edge of the disc, contacted svp and they replaced them problem is i’m now going to have to contact svp again as this lot also has the same speckles on over half of the disc’s, the speckles stop me from burning a full dvd. I remember this has been brought up before on here and you would have thought TY what have sorted the problem by now. Anyone know if there’s a problem like this with there x16 FF printable’s ?

Anyways when i contact svp i’ll see if they can replace with something else and seen as they have no spindles of MCC02RG20 disc’s anymore i think i will get some MCC03RG20 disc’s but i’ll have to go with the FF Printable as they have no non-printable’s in stock, problem is i have not used 03RG20 and would like some feed back ? there seems to be a few bad reviews on svp.

I had the same problem on some TY spindles from SVP, where specs would cover the entire disc in a lot of cases, not just the outer edge. Sending them back would be too much of a hassle, and I can get Verbies for a decent price. MCC004 will replace my T02’s.

Mind, I tried burning some of those TY and I do not see any significant increase in errors. However, the specs do smear if you wipe them hard, and I don’t want to risk getting that goo in my drives, writers or standalone.

The FF Verbatims 03RG20 are first class stuff in all my writers. Even if i’m a TYG02 fan the 03RG20 have replaced them totally :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Jedi Master Yoda;2042317]I ordered some x8 FF TY dvd’s where half of them had a load of speckles around the outer edge of the disc, contacted svp and they replaced them problem is i’m now going to have to contact svp again as this lot also has the same speckles on over half of the disc’s, the speckles stop me from burning a full dvd. I remember this has been brought up before on here and you would have thought TY what have sorted the problem by now. Anyone know if there’s a problem like this with there x16 FF printable’s ?

Anyways when i contact svp i’ll see if they can replace with something else and seen as they have no spindles of MCC02RG20 disc’s anymore i think i will get some MCC03RG20 disc’s but i’ll have to go with the FF Printable as they have no non-printable’s in stock, problem is i have not used 03RG20 and would like some feed back ? there seems to be a few bad reviews on svp.[/QUOTE]I’ve never had problems burning MCC03RG at 8x in my LOs. Had some DVDs skip in my DVD player that were burned with my 111L(crossflashed from 111D). Even a bad lot of them should burn ok at 8x or 6x depending on the writer.

How bad are the speckles? Are they very very small or big? Does it affect burning?

[QUOTE=cd pirate;2042443]How bad are the speckles? Are they very very small or big? Does it affect burning?[/QUOTE]yeah i was wondering if Jedi would show some scans of them please.

there small speckles but there’s loads of them together, they come in about 1cm sometimes a bit more from the edge. I haven’t actually burnt on any with the speckles so i don’t actually know if burning is effected but at the end of the day if i’m paying 30 quid for 100 i expect at least 85-90% of them to be flawless on the bottom.

I’ve only ever seen this on the FF printable discs, never saw this on the Verbatim spindle TYG02’s and there’s none of these speckles on the Verb pastels, TDK’s or Panasonic TYG02’s i have

Why don’t you just use the famous compressed air to blow these specs off ?!

If they’re the same specks as on mine, that won’t work, they’re sticky like glue.

Moomin