TY serial wraps around center hole?

I bought some Fujis (the ones that my local store had were still TYs :slight_smile: ). I noticed that rather than the serial number going across the hub, it wraps around the center hole like most other CD-Rs. The hub is still “frosty” and it is still “engraved” in the hub (not printed like other discs.) Has anyone else noticed this? Thanks

I’ve never seen this :confused:

All my TY have the typical straight line serial number.
Also the recently purchased TDK Metallic 48x and
the Fujifilm (Germany) 48x TY CD-Rs.

Could you please post a photo of your CDs?

Andy :smiley:

I might be able to do that soon, but a disc I burned got about a 3 C1 average (on my LTR-52246S). Not very good for TY’s… Don’t know if it was the disc itself, or the burner/heat.

Originally posted by scottmso

Has anyone else noticed this?
No, but I’ve read of something like that once.
I then asked the guy to display it, but he didn’t seem to appear anymore. :smiley:

Just came back from Best Buy with 2 50-spindles of Fujis made in Japan. Both spindles have the frosted hub and a circular serial number. SmartBurn 2.1 results below:

This Disc is designed for CD-RW/COMBO Drive Only.
Disc Type, Material = CD-R, Cyanine
ATIP Lead-in = 97m 24s 01f
Norminal Capacity = 702.83MB (79m 59s 72f)
Disc Manufacturer maybe = Taiyoyuden DX-dye
SMART-BURN Speed Limit = 48X

Also, the outer edge of the spindle base is grooved for grip rather than smooth as on my previous Fuji spindles and the 100-spindle of silver-top TYs I got from rima.com some time ago.

Originally posted by Captain Ned

Also, the outer edge of the spindle base is grooved for grip …
You mean, yours look like these ones, right ?

Originally posted by scottmso
I bought some Fujis (the ones that my local store had were still TYs :slight_smile: ). I noticed that rather than the serial number going across the hub, it wraps around the center hole like most other CD-Rs. The hub is still “frosty” and it is still “engraved” in the hub (not printed like other discs.) Has anyone else noticed this? Thanks

I confirm that !
I saw some original ÔÕ trade (label as “That’s”) cdrs
http://startlab.co.jp/cdr48x/index0308.htm
and noticed the same . Also mentioned in the box :

“Advance new high speed Dye”
“Extremely precision stampers”
“New Super Durable Disc surface”

Marked as standard : “RX” -Revolutionary excellent optical disc recordable"

These discs were too expensive-20discs in slim cases cost 15euro here…

BoSkin:

Yes, that’s the exact spindle I just bought.

Originally posted by Captain Ned

Yes, that’s the exact spindle I just bought.
That’s weird, 'coz mine ( bought in October ) look exactly the same way as before :

:confused: