TY Premium Silver Thermal Lacquer Vs. TY Premium White Inkjet Hub Printable

vbimport

I have been using Tys dvd-r for years and have and continue to have great success with them. I always buy my Tys from supermediastore.com. My questions are this I am ready to purchase some more and I was wondering what the difference is between these to lines of Tys they offer?

Taiyo Yuden Premium Silver Thermal Lacquer 8X DVD-R Media (Premium Line) in Cake Box

Taiyo Yuden Premium White Inkjet Hub Printable 8X DVD-R Media (Premium Line) in Tape Wrap

The silver thermal lacquer are .31 a disc and the white inkjet hub printables are .34 a disc.

They are both premium lines but costs a few cents more. Is it because the white inkjet just has an actual label to write on? Or is the white inkjet actually a little better quality? Heres a link for the two. Its the top two in there list.

http://www.supermediastore.com/taiyo-yuden-dvd-r-media.html

Can someone please help me understand the differences between the two products? Thank you in advance for any replies!

Thermal is just like a shiny silver surface. It gets smudges and fingerprints very easily. But it’s up to you, none are really safer than the others, they are both going to perform the same.

[QUOTE=cd pirate;2103423]Thermal is just like a shiny silver surface. It gets smudges and fingerprints very easily. But it’s up to you, none are really safer than the others, they are both going to perform the same.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply but that doesnt realy answer my questions?:sad: I do know that the thermal is like that but is there any difference in quality between the 2? Is it because the white ones have a actual white label affixed to them that they cost a little more? Are they both actually the same dvd-r only 1 of them has a white label? Is that the only difference between the 2?

yes printables are usually a little more. Does that answer it for you?

They both should burn the same.

[QUOTE=mgdking;2103536]Thanks for the reply but that doesnt realy answer my questions?:sad: I do know that the thermal is like that but is there any difference in quality between the 2? Is it because the white ones have a actual white label affixed to them that they cost a little more? Are they both actually the same dvd-r only 1 of them has a white label? Is that the only difference between the 2?[/QUOTE]

To further answer your question - White inkjet printable is a printable white surface, it’s not a label. It’s grippy to touch, much different to the silver thermal lacquer. Burn quality differences, none. I’m guessing they cost more just because the retailer wants to charge more. I would go with the inkjet because I find the shiny surface is too smudgy. But if the shiny was far cheaper, I’d pick that instead.

Really doesn’t matter. If you’ve used the shiny before with success, there’s no harm in getting more :iagree: