Ty - Gh000186

Received some new unbranded TYG03 disks last week (batch no GH000186) and they scan quite differently to any previous batch.

The first scan is from an unbranded GH000172 batch (which is fairly typical of previous batches) and the next three are from this new batch, burned on a PX-755SA and a DVR-111D (both of which normally produce good results).

On four scans, the PIF rate is 4-10 times greater than previous batches.

I have heard a number of people here say that TYG03 can be variable. Is this a good or not so good batch?

[QUOTE=bart_uk;1967906]Received some new unbranded TYG03 disks last week (batch no GH000186) and they scan quite differently to any previous batch.[/QUOTE]

Forgot to say, all disks were burnt at 8X or less speed. I am converted, lower speed == better burn. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Well, the only true way to test their mettle is to burn them at the rated speed of 16x, so I can’t say how good they are until I see some full speed results.

[QUOTE=Two Degrees;1967953]Well, the only true way to test their mettle is to burn them at the rated speed of 16x, so I can’t say how good they are until I see some full speed results.[/QUOTE]

:iagree:

The continous block of PIF seems like a problem with your HDD , maybe you should defrag

The continous block of PIF seems like a problem with your HDD , maybe you should defrag[/QUOTE]

:disagree:

Sorry, should have mentioned the first two scans were from the Plextor in my PC and the last two from a Pioneer 111D installed in an Acard duplicator (no HDD, copies on-the-fly).

[quote=bart_uk;1967912]Forgot to say, all disks were burnt at 8X or less speed. I am converted, lower speed == better burn.[/quote]Suggest you use CD-DVD Speed to burn a test disc at 16x. I’ve occasionally been surprised to find batches of discs that burn better at higher speeds on some burners. Since burns on the new batch you bought seem fairly consistent from start to finish, the gradually increasing speed of a test burn could show which burn speed may be best.

16X Plextor, 18X Pioneer 112D.

Buffer is ok so I guess it’s a bad batch.
TYG03 is rather variable media so this does happen once in a while :frowning:

Mmmmm, lower burning speed != better burn. :Z :Z :Z

Burned at 4X…

16x and 18x look pretty good, no need to burn any slower IMO.

[QUOTE=kg_evilboy;1968572]Buffer is ok so I guess it’s a bad batch.
TYG03 is rather variable media so this does happen once in a while :([/QUOTE]

I thought as much, thanks for the confirmation.

Guess it’s back to TYG02 again. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: