TY DVD-R 100pk 24.99 Free Shipping on Newegg

So apparently this is a new arrival item. 24.99 with free shipping for a 100pk of TY 8x DVD-R’s. No cake box. Silver surface. I’ve never had the pleasure of trying TY out so I’m not sure if it’s some type of value line product…bad timing as well since I’m looking for a deal on some Verb +R’s :frowning: and short on cash.

Newegg has a habit of sending me back to the homepage so not sure if a link will do anygood…

Link

Yo-

CAUTION this is the so called “Value Line” Taiyo Yuden 8x -R media that has proven over and over to be of a lesser quality than the “Premium Line”-

Do yourself a BIG favor and stick with the good stuff-eh!!

The Value Line still burns better for me than any non-TY media. I have probably gone through at least 400 of these on various drives and the only costers I got were my own fault. The packaging is annoying, but if you have an empty 100 disk spindle or 2 empty 50 disk spindles, problem solved!

I have had good success with the value line TY -R also.
See below the value line TY was burned with my Pioneer 115D in an external enclosure from my Sony VAIO laptop via fireware. I’m a satisfied customer…

Can’t get attachment to upload. It said it did. Let me try again. If I am not successful, let me reiterate that I get excellent scans with valueline TY

I tried Value Line did not like it.

You can get TY Valueline cheaper on eBay if you really want them :wink:

I’ve bought the Value Line discs in the past and got some excellent burns with them. You can get the premium discs from Supermediastore for 29.99 with free shipping.
http://www.supermediastore.com/taiyo-yuden-silver-thermal-8x-dvd-r-media-100-pack.html

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2230220]You can get TY Valueline cheaper on eBay if you really want them ;)[/QUOTE]

How do you know which sellers are legit and not selling you crap? I’ll buy just about anything off eBay, except unbranded TY.

[quote=RickDriver;2230227]I’ve bought the Value Line discs in the past and got some excellent burns with them. You can get the premium discs from Supermediastore for 29.99 with free shipping.
http://www.supermediastore.com/taiyo-yuden-silver-thermal-8x-dvd-r-media-100-pack.html[/quote]

Yo-

[B]AMEN!!! [/B]

A whole [B][I][U]five cents[/U][/I][/B] each to insure a better burn-eh!! :rolleyes:

Nope no way not for me no Value Line TY’s for me ever again I’ve never had the
good experience with them as others have had. I’ve had only coasters and very,
very mediocre borderline burns from them. I’d rather pay extra and get the Premium
line that way at least you know you will receive better burns from them. :iagree:

[quote=getit29;2230396]Nope no way not for me no Value Line TY’s for me ever again I’ve never had the
good experience with them as others have had. I’ve had only coasters and very,
very mediocre borderline burns from them. I’d rather pay extra and get the Premium
line that way at least you know you will receive better burns from them. :iagree:[/quote]

Yo getit29-

Agree 100%-eh!!

Don’t have any experience with the Linkyo branded TY’s, but TY is TY.

Linkyo TY Premium White Inkjet Printable @ $179 with Free Shipping.

You never know for sure :frowning:

[QUOTE=negritude;2230330]How do you know which sellers are legit and not selling you crap? I’ll buy just about anything off eBay, except unbranded TY.[/QUOTE]

I have had some decent burns with some valueline stuff I got.

But I do plan on sticking with the premium line, less grey hairs that way.

Happy Burning