TY DVD 8x media where?

the only 2 online stores i know that sell TY media only have 4x DVDs. anyone know where to get this new media in the US?

tia

It was only released a week ago. Don’t look for it too soon. 4x +/- R can be burned at 8x in many drives.

Originally posted by ssjkakaroto
[B]the only 2 online stores i know that sell TY media only have 4x DVDs. anyone know where to get this new media in the US?

tia [/B]

My new (trusted) media vendor says May for US sales of TY 8x DVD+R.

@dlathem

Who is your trusted retailer? I remember a post where you expressed frustration about retailers slipping customers incorrect (not-as-advertised) media. I ger nervous sometimes, until I read a lot of feedback.

Having said that, though, I didn’t hesitate to use Super Media Store! :slight_smile: I am getting my Ricoh G04 today! :slight_smile: :smiley:

Originally posted by John-K
[B]@dlathem

Who is your trusted retailer? I remember a post where you expressed frustration about retailers slipping customers incorrect (not-as-advertised) media. I ger nervous sometimes, until I read a lot of feedback.

Having said that, though, I didn’t hesitate to use Super Media Store! :slight_smile: I am getting my Ricoh G04 today! :slight_smile: :smiley: [/B]

OK…I will spill the beans…

http://www.accaproducts.com/ridv48x1ea25.html

These folks actually sent me a free sample to try and proved that they did, in fact, have the RITEK 8x certified DVD+R media. However, the media does not burn at all in my LiteOn and when used in the Plextor 708A will burn completly, but slows down to 3.9x for most of the disc.

I have new firmware for both the Plextor and the LiteOn and I will be testing the media again.

I would not hesitate to do business with these folks again. They were willing to ship me a sample at their expense and actually responded to my email about the quality of the burn and asked intellegent questions. They sounded like they were on the ball and were actually interested in the quality of the product they were selling.

I’ve been singing praises for www.accaproducts.com for a while now.

BTW, I talked to them today, and they say thay may have TY 8x media around mid-April. Seeing as they were the first to have 4x TY +R, I’ll believe them.

They usually respond to an email within a few hours.

Thank you!! It is always great to get a list of good e-tailers!

Originally posted by rdgrimes
[B]I’ve been singing praises for www.accaproducts.com for a while now.

BTW, I talked to them today, and they say thay may have TY 8x media around mid-April. Seeing as they were the first to have 4x TY +R, I’ll believe them.

They usually respond to an email within a few hours. [/B]

I asked them about that and I was told May. April sounds better.

Originally posted by rdgrimes
[B]I’ve been singing praises for www.accaproducts.com for a while now.

They usually respond to an email within a few hours. [/B]

I am visiting US in April and may just miss this. In that case what are the best 4X to buy from this company please? I have 411S@811s.

that’s a very nice store rdgrimes, thx!