TY 4X -R now $26 delivered at Supermedia

the packs are now available again, but unfortunately the discount code inputted comes up w/ ‘The coupon only applies to certain items. None of them are in your shopping’ …im glad I got that code in on a 100pk thx to Chas earlier in the weekend…maybe someone will find another discount code this week =)

It’s not nearly as good as the first but. They now have a $3 off coupon back on the site for them. So $33 shipped for 100 pack after you enter in the coupon code. 33 cents a disc with shipping. http://www.supermediastore.com/taiyo-yuden-4x-dvd-r-media-silver-matte-spindles.html

I just got a second shipment and they were G02s instead of G01s. Nice upgrade.

I just got a second shipment and they were G02s instead of G01s.

:confused: I wonder what’s up with that?

i got 3 more spindles coming first of the week

will see what they are

are GO2 as good as G01 or whats the difference? both my spindles that came in today are G02.

G02s are 8X and current. G01s are 4X and are discontinued. Quality is top notch on both. I have found burns will differ based on the burner, but for me they burn very well on both my NEC and my Liteon.

Dolphinius Rex over at CDRLabs claims these G02 are “B” grade: http://www.cdrinfo.com/forum/fb.asp?m=101763

I’ve never heard anything official about TY having grades of media…

It would make sense as I saw this happen with Ritek R03 that was labeled as 4X when the media code indicated 8X. Dolphinius Rex is not one to make statements without reason. I do know that it burns perfectly at 4X and almost as well at 8X. The one I ran at 12X did not look like a great burn but it still had very acceptible error rates. At this price, considering they are TY, even factory seconds look better than most other media. And I can hardly feel cheated if I bought 4X media and it burns beautifully at 4X, now can I?

His source for this is Microboards, a company that does a lot of duplicating. I’ll give them a call Monday and see what their tech support people have to say.

Please do. I was just about to place an order when I saw this.

I received my 100 pack Friday (ordered on Tuesday - that is quicker than Newegg). This is with stock firmware (1.04) on a NEC 3520A. both Nero infotool and CD/DVD Speed report this media as up to 12x burning.

Manufacturer : TYG02
Code : -
Disc Type : DVD-R
Usage : General
Recording Layer : -
Recording Speed : 2 X - 12 X
Capacity : 4.38 GB
4707321856 Bytes
Additional Capacity : -
Overburn Capacity : -

Did you run one of the blanks through DVDinfopro?

I just ran a scan of the G02 burned at 8X on my 3500. If this is “B” class media I will take all they want to sell. This is genuine TY and it is good. See the scans here:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?p=885514#post885514

It doesn’t get any better than that. Thanks for the confirmation. :wink:

I don’t want to double post; you guys following this link should read here:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=128893

Thanks for the link chas0039. Also, is Rima the only US shop that sells genuine high quality TY? Competition is good… just wanted to see if there was another place.

meritline and supermediastore sell them also

rima is by far the most reputable and recommended store to buy them from though :iagree:

check www.resellerratings.com

Rima is the most reputable, although supermediastore seems to be gaining favor with alot of people as of late (I have even taken the plunge and ordered from them). Meritline on the other hand is a worthless POS. Their ratings on the reseller ratings site listed above are absolutely attrocious.

I never had a problem with Meritline other than they seem slow. I’ve ordered from Supermediastore, Rima, and Meritline and can’t say I really have had trouble with anyone. I’m not counting Tiger Direct and Newegg in that as other places I’ve ordered media from in the past since they aren’t the big boys when it comes to media stores although both of them did a fine job too. :slight_smile:

Well it’s getting close to the original deal posted in this thread. It is now $29 shipped for this 100 pack of shrinkwrapped 4x TY DVD-R discs (possibly 8x according to some people). Just enter the code: tai3doff. :wink: