TX Uranus 522452 does not work

vbimport

I´ve got a TX Uranus 522452 without any drivers. After installing in my system (Windows XP Professional with SP1) I can see it as an CD-RW (CDR 6S52) in the device manager but I can not read any CD-ROM. The right window in the explorer is allways empty.
Can anybody help me?

Do you know if the drive works at all? Try to boot from a bootable CDROM (if you got any, e.g. a Windows or a Linux installation CDROM). If the drive boots from such a disc, the chance there’s something wrong with the drive isn’t that big…

Normally, IDE ATAPI devices do not need any driver for reading, except for an ASPI layer (although XP should be able to read a disc from an ATAPI CDRW drive without ASPI).

Try to install an ASPI layer (like ForceASPI) and see what happens.

Booting from the cd was not possible. I tried to load a new firmware with mtkflash. The updating started but after a while it hang. Nothing happened so I had to reboot the system. I deinstalled the cd and installed my old drive (Memore MAX 1648) at the same position (primary slave). From this moment on the select light of my hdd was cont. on and I can not access to the drive. I tried several combinations (Memore MAX 1648 as secondary master or slave). As soon I insert the IDE cable in the Memore MAX 1648 the light goes on at the hdd.
At the moment my configuration with a hdd as primary master and a LG 8160B as secondary master works without any problem but I would like to use the Memore MAX 1648 too.
Is it possible that trying of the firmware update has destroyed the firmware of the Memorex (which was not installed at the system at that moment) after I reinstalled the drive and how can I fix it?
Hope you understand my lousy english

Don’t worry; your English isn’t lousy.

You couldn’t have destroyed the Memorex with a firmware update if you performed the update while the Memorex was not installed.

Jomey said:
I deinstalled the cd and installed my old drive (Memore MAX 1648) at the same position (primary slave). From this moment on the select light of my hdd was cont. on and I can not access to the drive. I tried several combinations (Memore MAX 1648 as secondary master or slave). As soon I insert the IDE cable in the Memore MAX 1648 the light goes on at the hdd.

Are you re-connecting your IDE cables with the computer turned on? This can potentially damage the drives, and the computer might not recognize the drives right if you do this. You should at least turn off the computer before changing drive cables, and optimally, you should actually unplug the computer from the power socket.

If you are changing drives while the computer is running, try turning it off for a few minutes and then turning it back on again. This might help the computer to recognize the drives correctly.

Thanks for your help!

I unplugged the computer, waited some minutes, booted again and everything was ok.
Back to my first problem. My TX Uranus 522452 shall be a Lite-On drive (LTR 52246S ???). What is the correct firmware and where can I find it?

It is identified as a “CD-RW CDR-6S52” right?

If so, then use the 6SG4 firmware update from 4KUS here: http://www.4kus.com.tw/download.htm

I actually don´t know what drive it is. It is labeled as TX Uranus CDRW522452Plus. The mainboard is labeled LTR-32123S-A and the firmware chip is labeled 6SG1.
I read anywhere in the internet that it should be a Lite-On drive but I am not shure.

If it has the 6SG1 firmware, then it is definately a Lite-ON and you can use that 4kus updater to update to 6SG4.

I tried your 4kus updater. It comes up with the message:
Can´t find CDR-6s52 firmware…
Guess I destroyed the firmware before by trying the update with mtkflash.
What to do now?

Flash your drive with this binary using MTK WinFlash in direct IDE Port Mode.

hooray it worked.
But now I´m back where I started from. During post it is identified as CD-RW CDR-6S52, the Windows device manager shows it also as CD-RW CDR-6S52. Still I can´t read from it. No matter what kind of CD I use the explorer is allways empty on the right side. I tried to boot from a bootable CD. The READY light flashes but nothing happens.
Is the drive defective or have I any other chance?