Two Sheep Burners

Hi. I’ve recently been having some problems with my cd drive. So I took it out and bought another burner from my friend who didn’t use it anymore.

When I now go into Alcohol 120% beside my burning drive it says 1:1. Does this mean it is a Two Sheep Burner.

This Is The Burning Drive.

HP CD Writer+ 9300

Unfortunatly not.

The 1:1 represents how it is conencted to your computer. IDE channel 1, second device I believe.

If your hard drive were shown in the program it would have 1:0 next to it.

Originally posted by DarknessShadow101

When I now go into Alcohol 120% beside my burning drive it says 1:1.
Does this mean it is a Two Sheep Burner.

This means Primary : Slave or as Womble’s already said : “IDE channel 1, second device”.

Hey, thanks for clearing that up for me.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bow: :smiley:

I dont think the HP is a 2 sheep burner, BTW.

Originally posted by $CyBeRwIz$

I dont think the HP is a 2 sheep burner, BTW.
No, it’s n0 sheep burner.

Originally posted by BoSkin
No, it’s n0 sheep burner.

Thanx for verifiying.

i am a little slow sometimes what is a no sheep and 2 sheep burrner?
Thank you
Bruce

Back in the day (lol, i sound really old) when roads were fields and we had to walk 15 miles in the snow, barefoot, just to collect the milk in the morning, there was a program that reigned supreme over anything else. This great program is called Clonecd and on their website, it had a list of writers and their capabilities. The company logo is a sheep, therefore the writers were graded as 0,1 and 2 sheep burners. The higher the number the more capable the drive is of copying the latest protections.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

lol thank you
Bruce

Originally posted by braynes
i am a little slow sometimes what is a no sheep and 2 sheep burrner?
Thank you
Bruce

A 0 sheep burner cannot encode EFM correctly and a 2 Sheep can encode EFM correctly. In other words, a 2 sheep burner can copy SafeDisc 2/3 most times without emulation.

$CyBeRwIz$, Thanks for the reply so my sony is a one sheep and the 811 is 2?
Bruce

here is a great place to find out what capability your writer is.

thanks for the site,thro nether of my burrners are listed
Bruce

Yes, your LiteON is a 2 sheep burner, but the Sony I am not so sure. Some Sony CDRW’s are rebadges of LiteONs, making them 2 sheep, but i’m not sure about the Sony DVD burners.

Originally posted by $CyBeRwIz$

but i’m not sure about the Sony DVD burners.
That one, i.e Sony 530A, is an OEM OptoRite.

Originally posted by BoSkin
That one, i.e Sony 530A, is an OEM OptoRite.

OK thanks. From what I can tell Optorite(Accesstec) do not manufacture drives that can write regular bit patterns, EFM, correctly.

makes sense as the lite-on encodes a lot faster,it appears the sony may burn a bit(PUN) better,how are the opto’s . when i say beter it is readibly by more stand alone box’s
Bruce

Originally posted by braynes
makes sense as the lite-on encodes a lot faster,it appears the sony may burn a bit(PUN) better,how are the opto’s . when i say beter it is readibly by more stand alone box’s
Bruce

Can you re-phrase that?:confused:

i think what he is trying to ask is what drive has better compatability when the burnt discs are played in stand alones.

Is that right? what are you talking about here? dvd or cds? games or films? what stand alones? dvd-roms in computers or living room players?