Two Problems: Airplane and Holy Grail

vbimport

Hello All. Love DVD Fab, but I’ve had a couple of random problems.
First, I am trying to rip the movie Airplane to mobile, but it refuses. It works if I start with chapter 2, but starting with chapter 1 causes it to say “Starting”, then post a blank line where it normally lists the task data and then “Finished!”. I have no idea what it is doing, or why, but I was wondering if someone else has had this issue?

Second, after ripping Monty Python’s Holy Grail, I found there is a weird pulsing buzz in the soundtrack. It gets louder when the volume of the soundtrack gets louder and disappears when the soundtrack is quiet, so it’s clearly related. It’s there on the special extras as well. I was wondering if anyone has had this problem; perhaps it’s some sort of digital foiler. Or maybe it was just a bad rip.

In any case, I was just wondering if anyone had run across similar issues and what they did.

Thanks!
Peter

Hi Risser,

I just RIP’d Holy Grail and am getting the same audio issue. I made the output for type “iPod” with v5.0.9.0. I’m a total newbie to the software so was thinking I did something wrong…

I am using the trial version - is it an anomaly of the trial?

Thanks!

No, I’ve got the full platinum edition. Or some subset thereof, I guess. The mobile subset.

Anyway, I haven’t gone back to try anything else yet. I hope someone has some ideas…

[QUOTE=risser;2123265]No, I’ve got the full platinum edition. Or some subset thereof, I guess. The mobile subset.

Anyway, I haven’t gone back to try anything else yet. I hope someone has some ideas…[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=wedged;2123157]
I am using the trial version - is it an anomaly of the trial?
Thanks![/QUOTE]

This is not an anomaly due the trial, but I suspect it is the fault of recent versions and nothing to do with errors on your part.
Re: trial versions…they are identical to versions downoaded by owners of the program. The only difference is that the trials are time-limited to 30 days of use.

I know my good friend signals (who btw, is our resident expert on DVD to Mobile app), has had problems with the last few versions. He has recently reverted all the way back to somewhere around v. 4.1.2.0 .
Also I’ve read a number of posts with similar issues from users of DVD to Mobile, so I would seriously consider reverting to previous versions.

One suggestion…I recommend that you rip the dvd to the hdd first (you may already be doing this ?) and then convert. This is how I usually do my conversions, but then I’m not experiencing any problems …period.

I’d be glad to email any version you’d like…keep in mind though for versions preceeding Fab 5, you’ll need a Fab 4 reg key.
Simply drop me a pm with your email address.
One more thing to be aware of is that some servers will block .exe attachments. It’s no bid deal to change the file extension, send it and then you can change it back to .exe.
You may just want to use gmail, yahoo or hotmail as these will allow these files.

For the record, yeah, I generally rip to HD first. For two reasons actually. First, because I’m backing up all my DVDs, putting them in a case, then putting a copy into the actual movie case, and 2, just for th reason you said.

Although, I did try Airplane direct from DVD also, just to see if maybe ripping to the HD might have caused an issue.

I’d be interested to try an older version. The first half of my email is knucklehead followed by 3 zeros (that’s ‘000’), and I’m at yahoo.com.

I used to have a v4 key, but I’m not sure if I still do. I’ll have to look.

Peter

Hi Peter,

I sent you 5.0.2.0 and 4.1.2.0.
I know 4.1.2.0 is stable for users and I think 5.0.2.0 is as well…tough to remember at my age…lol… plus I’ve experienced very litttle in the way of problems.

Oh yeah, better check your spam folder just to be sure.

Hope this helps and let us know