Two movies on one dvdr

vbimport

#1

Hi all!

I have been away a little while and see that much has changed…
The D2O forum is GONE!

I was going to post an addition to a thread I had started there,
but I no longer can do that so…I’ll start a new thread here.

My previous thread was about making a menu to go along
with putting two movies on one dvd disc. I solved that problem
and told everyone that I was working on a new “simple menu”.

I have finished the new menu, and have caused it to be posted
on the same site as before.

http://web.newsguy.com/dwhco_portal/

The password to open the file is the same as before:
dvdmandave

Later,
dvdmanDAVE

P.S. I’ll place my vote - if anyone is counting - please re-open the D2O forum.


#2

Good one, bit I simply use the DVD Front cover of both and put a coloured selector bar under each. Simple and they all look different.


#3

DVD2One forum would be good. Also, why not just create a new menu with TMPGEnc DVD Author. You can use movie clips with it.


#4

…why I did this “simple menu” thing. Ease of use, and time used.
As explained in the README.TXT of the archive file located at

http://web.newsguy.com/dwhco_portal/

All anyone need do is “transcode” their two movies, then add
them as instructed to their “burning files” folder. Do a get VTS
sectors with IFOedit, then burn. All told, start to finish, about
1 - 2 hours when burning at 2X. No menu creation woes or
problems. No learning how to use a DVD-Authoring program.
The possession of only 3 programs: DVDdecrypter, IFOedit and
a DVD burning program - with the knowledge of how to use
them per the README.TXT file in the archive - is all that’s needed.
The 3 programs mentioned above can be had for free, with maybe
the exception of a DVD burning program. I use NERO, and it ain’t
free.

dvdmanDAVE

P.S. No slight is meant on CM or Oriphus…Thanks for replying.


#5

…if no-one wants the “simple menu”, hey don’t use it…LOL

dvdmanDAVE

Peace, brothers and sisters…


#6

dvdmanDAVE:

I had no idea that the dvd2one forum was closed here, and had no idea of how to find you to ask you for your latest menu, but thanks to search, I was able to see that you are kepping the thread here. You may remember that I was, and am still using your first menu, but never had the opportunity to use your second update. Is this your third one?

I am going to try it because dvd2one takes too long to transcode when using their new program v.123. I find that I can save at least 50 minutes transcoding one movie at a time, and your program allows me to use " a menu" …

Thanks and regards

Totonho03


#7

Hi dvdmanDAVE:

I can not extract the file into my empty folder. It appears that the password is not correct. I am using dvdmanDAVE to no avail.

Thanks

Totonho03


#8

Originally posted by totonho03
[B]Hi dvdmanDAVE:

I can not extract the file into my empty folder. It appears that the password is not correct. I am using dvdmanDAVE to no avail.

Thanks

Totonho03 [/B]

Totonho03,

lowercase…

…and go back to the one that was fastest for you (D2O, new
ain’t always better)

dvdmanDAVE


#9

Nice! I like it…saves a lot of messing about!

One question, and this may sound a bit thick on my part!

How can change the “movie one” and “movie two” text and insert a little picture showing what movie is on the disc?


#10

Damn! It didn’t work. I followed your guiide to the letter and tested in PowerDVD and the films would not load from the menu :confused:

Oh well, back to demuxing and spruce :slight_smile:

At the risk of sounding a tad rude…could you not re-write the guide, going into a bit more detail?


#11

Hi Active8:
What kind of problems are you encountering? Early on I had problems understanding the procedures, but after a little while I was able to run with it.

This is the way I do it, and it works for me:

1.- Create 3 folders for the back up
2.- In one of them, in this example let’s call it folder Dave, place dvdmanDAVE’s command. Execute it.
3.- Use either dvd2one, or dvdshrink to compress the films to fit one dvd. Each movie in its own folder
4.- Run IFO edit and load your first movie and run get VTS. Once this is performed, close ifo edit, and open the folder where you placed movie 1. Change the VOB 1_O to 2_0, 1_1 to 2_1, etc. and move the vob files only, not the video_ts files, to the folder where you have executed dvdmanDAVE’s file. (Folder Dave)
5.- Run IFO edit on movie two, Change the 1_0 to 3_0, 1_1 to 3_1 etc. Move the vob files only, not the video_ts files, to the folder where you have executed dvdmanDAVE’s file.
6.- Open IFO edit load the files of folder Dave, and run Get VTS, and that is it. What I do next is to I burn it with Nero.

Believe me, it works, and once you get the hang of it you will see how easy it is to run.

Hope this helps

Totonho03


#12

Cheers, will another crack at it tomorrow :wink:


#13

Originally posted by totonho03
[B]Hi Active8:
What kind of problems are you encountering? Early on I had problems understanding the procedures, but after a little while I was able to run with it.

This is the way I do it, and it works for me:

1.- Create 3 folders for the back up
2.- In one of them, in this example let’s call it folder Dave, place dvdmanDAVE’s command. Execute it.
3.- Use either dvd2one, or dvdshrink to compress the films to fit one dvd. Each movie in its own folder
4.- Run IFO edit and load your first movie and run get VTS. Once this is performed, close ifo edit, and open the folder where you placed movie 1. Change the VOB 1_O to 2_0, 1_1 to 2_1, etc. and move the vob files only, not the video_ts files, to the folder where you have executed dvdmanDAVE’s file. (Folder Dave)
5.- Run IFO edit on movie two, Change the 1_0 to 3_0, 1_1 to 3_1 etc. Move the vob files only, not the video_ts files, to the folder where you have executed dvdmanDAVE’s file.
6.- Open IFO edit load the files of folder Dave, and run Get VTS, and that is it. What I do next is to I burn it with Nero.

Believe me, it works, and once you get the hang of it you will see how easy it is to run.

Hope this helps

Totonho03 [/B]

Nope, done exactly as you said and it won’t work…dunno what I’m doing wrong :confused:


#14

…tell me what it is that you are doing, and maybe I can find the flaw?

I use the “simple menu” formula repeatedly without a problem.

  1. I decrypt the movie (only) for both movies.
  2. I “transcode” with D2O as explained in my guide.
  3. I follow the guide’s instruction regarding naming, etc…
  4. I do the ifoedit until no updates occur.
  5. I burn with NERO, udf/iso mode.
  6. I play the DVD in a PIONEER set-top, and enjoy…

Originally posted by Active8
Nope, done exactly as you said and it won’t work…dunno what I’m doing wrong :confused:

If it is needed, I can possibly do a step by step tute…
Request it here, or with a PM. I will respond AML…


#15

a nice simple method…i like it m8 10/10

will you be doing any more menu variations?

what do you use to author the titleset/menu that you supply?

and could you provide a guide on how to do this please?

thanks
KYUSS


#16

Hi Dave,

Will your method allow the subtitles to be saved also?

I have been waiting all day for you here:-(
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread…;threadid=67888

Luckily, I find this new thread. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks


#17

I followed Dave’s method and it worked!!
Everything turns out so simple and easy. And I could save subtitle
too, woo hoo! Thank you Dave!!


#18

dvdmanDAVE,

Hi Dave…great menu! just 1 question…how to add in our own picture & text into the main menu?

Thanks.


#19

Originally posted by killerjoe
[B]dvdmanDAVE,

Hi Dave…great menu! just 1 question…how to add in our own picture & text into the main menu?

Thanks. [/B]

Thanks for the kudos. As for your own pictures and text…
Use a label for the case, you cannot add, nor take away what
is already “hardcoded” in the simple menu…

Sorry 'bout that.

dvdmanDAVE

Fight disease! Join the GRID!


#20

Thanks Totonho03 for your instructions however I can’t get it to work - Could you please clarify step 4.

When I run DVD2one I finish up with 2 x movies with these files:
VIDEO_TS.ifo
VTS_01_0.ifo
VTS_01_1.vob
VTS_01_2.vob
VTS_01_3.vob

Which ifo file do I open with and how should I rename above vob files