I just discovered something weird:
I have these two DVD Video discs I made - One is on a DVD-RW and the other is on a DVD-R. They have the same data, and were made with the same settings and titles in Nero.
I put one in my Plextor, it reads it fine.
I put the other in my Pioneer it says “A device attached to the system is not functioning”!!
I eject the Plextor, and refresh the Pioneer. The disc is now readable!
I re-load the Plextor and try to read the disc… “A device attached to the system is not functioning”…!!
All I wanted to do was to do a diff on both discs to see if they actually did have the exact same data!!!