Two DVD and one CD-Romwith windowsXP

vbimport

Hi, I just installed a new PX-716UF on my Windows XP Pro system. I have a DVD read internal and a CD-Rom Read/Write internal. A flag came up early in my installing, that only one DVD should be on this computer. I have all three working now but could I get some of you to clear me up on this? I haven't tried my full version of Easy Media Creator 7 yet.
Thanks for any help

Using 4 internal ODD here (2xDVDRW,1xDVD-ROM,1xCDRW), 1 virtual Daemon drive and 1 external CDRW without any problems under XP.

As far as I know there is no limit to the amount of optical drives that Windows XP can handle. And certainly two or four drives should be no problem at all.

flag came up early in my installing
Which application generated this message? It was probably some software application and not Windows XP? Let us know please so we can tell you what the problem might be.

Welcome to the forums btw :wink:

The problem came up when I tried to use RealPlayer. After I went to Windows Media Player all went well. I want to thank you both for your help. A question I’ll be asking later on is about, when I get the firmware upgrade from Plextor. They said it will come as a rebate for buying before Feb. 28, 2005.They said it would make the 716 much faster.
Now where can I get top grade DVD disk, for my new PX-716 at a good price?
Thanks, Bullseye (in Missouri)

Hmmm…A rebate in the disguise of a firmware upgrade? First time I ever heard anything like that. Firmware upgrades are supplied free of charge, including the new version to be released this month that enables 6x DVD-R DL writing. I’d ask for a REAL rebate! :eek:

True, future firmware upgrades will make the drive faster. Originally the drive supported 2x DVD+R DL recording speeds and now it support 6x DVD+R DL recording speeds. DVD-R DL support at 6x is expected to be released this month.

The rebate you’re talking about probably has nothing to do with the increase write speeds since firmware upgrades are always free. A rebate means that you can get some of your money back after purchase. Some drives also have a coupon for free DVD media.

The best media you can use on your Plextor drive is Verbatim, Taiyo Yuden and lot’s more. The Post your Plextor DVD quality scans here thread has a lot of information.