Two different Burns, two dvd drives

I can burn the same two video files using two different burners and one will play in my portable dvd player but not the other one I burned,both play in my standalone dvd player. One is an internal DVD writer HL-DT-ST DVD RW GSA-H11N, burns from this one works fine, the other is an External Lite-On DVDRW LH-20A1P USB burner,burns from this one don’t work in my portable dvd player but everywhere else.

Does anyone have any idea why the lite-on burn won’t play in my portable player???

I may just buy another external burner, just don’t want the same problem,

Any Ideas

Thanks

[QUOTE=rjybbot;2234591]Does anyone have any idea why the lite-on burn won’t play in my portable player???

I may just buy another external burner, just don’t want the same problem,

Any Ideas

Thanks[/QUOTE]
Welcome to the forum:flower:

Portables tend to be fussier in my experience, too. Since you’re burning with an external, burning a little too fast would be my first guess. But if you tell us what discs you’re using and what speeds you burned them at we can probably figure this out:)

I am using a TDK DVD+R 1X - 16X and have tried all burn speeds,I have tried other disc brands with no luck,and also tried burning at slower speeds with no luck,most of the time the portable tells me the disc is invalid,

the only setting I found that was not the same is the region setting for the drives,my external is set at no Region and the internal is set at Region 1,do you think this could have anything to do with it,

[QUOTE=rjybbot;2234738]I am using a TDK DVD+R 1X - 16X and have tried all burn speeds,I have tried other disc brands with no luck,and also tried burning at slower speeds with no luck,most of the time the portable tells me the disc is invalid,

the only setting I found that was not the same is the region setting for the drives,my external is set at no Region and the internal is set at Region 1,do you think this could have anything to do with it,[/QUOTE]

Sorry for delay, playing w/ a new drive arrived today:o
What other discs have you tried? What software are you burning with? Are you setting the booktype on those external +R burns to DVD-ROM? Have you tried a -R disc? Do you have CD-DVDspeed handy to run quality scans of the good and bad discs in the A1 to see if its a burn quality problem? Here’s a link to a guide if you’re not familiar(scroll on down to 3-basic tests-disc quality)http://club.cdfreaks.com/f96/cd-dvd-speed-user-guide-192563/
Try to scan them, burn quality can be a real issue with portables.
Never had problem w/ region-free drive burns. Thought that only affects reading. But living in US, never had to become an expert on the region issues. Perhaps someone else knows if that could be an issue? At the end of the day, could be as simple as one burner likes your choice of discs, other doesn’t. Course that might be corrected w/ new firmware for the A1 drive. Lots of custom tweaked firmwares on this forum for that drive :iagree: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/liteon-16a7s-16w1p-16-18-20a1p-h-s-l-fastburn-enhanced-overspeed-enhanced-oht-firmware-new-207033/ , find them at post#1.

I thought about the firmware,I will try these choices you gave and get back later,Thanks,

Firmware update helped it, but did not completely fix the problem. The portable will read the tdk disc I burn, but won’t read the HP printable label disc,I may mess around with it later but I may also just buy me another external,which brand is usually recommended,

And thanks for the help,really appreciated,