Two beep sounds from LH-20A1H

Anyone hear two faint beep sounds after inserting a disk into the drive? You have to have your ear right up to the drive to hear this. Now I don’t know if this is an actual beep or some mechanical sound. I don’t want the drive to break down anytime soon.

1 Like

[QUOTE=CyberPlex;1941967]Anyone hear two faint beep sounds after inserting a disk into the drive? You have to have your ear right up to the drive to hear this. Now I don’t know if this is an actual beep or some mechanical sound. I don’t want the drive to break down anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

Yes, i can hear them too on my 20A1P, but they are not beeps, I think it’s the laser mechanism. I hear it especially when I start a quality scan.

That’s a relief. I thought the drive was breaking down after my first few burns. :doh:

Those sounds are normal for Liteon drives mine always made the little beep sounds
when a disc was first inserted. My Samsung drives makes the little beep sounds
when ejecting the discs instead of when inserting the disc. :wink:

[QUOTE=getit29;1942165]Those sounds are normal for Liteon drives mine always made the little beep sounds
when a disc was first inserted. My Samsung drives makes the little beep sounds
when ejecting the discs instead of when inserting the disc. ;)[/QUOTE]

My Optiarc does this too, I think it’s the laser focusing on the track on the disc

I get them too on my 20A1H (but as mentioned they’re not beeps). I think they’re kind of cute :wink:

Sometimes, the sound is loud [seeek-SEEEK!]; other times, it’s barely audible [seek-seekseek]. Let’s not forget the rattle of the spindle motor after the beeping…err, you have to hear what I’m talking about to understand it. :wink:

And my Samsung 20xy-based Sony does it when ejecting a disc. My LG just sounds like a wop-wop when it does the similar seeking upon reset and insert. My older Samsung doesn’t do a loud seek-home sound, as doesn’t my other Sony [this time BenQ-based].

Again, you have to hear it all to understand it.

[QUOTE=wallace0134;1942712]Again, you have to hear it all to understand it.[/QUOTE]
What did you say Wallace :confused: :bigsmile:

My drives sound like they are getting ready to run the 1/4 mile :cool:

[quote=rolling56;1942731]What did you say Wallace :confused: :bigsmile:[/quote]Ha ha ha :stuck_out_tongue: :bigsmile: