Twinpeaks, ccd,bwa securom what is correct method?

I tried to make backups of making a clonecd copy, then a bwa with blindwrite and then merging the two with twinpeaks in order to backup a securom disc (hidden and dangerous 5) but I cant gegt it to even install. The install is very slow and then it just stops. O lnow bwa is fine…what gives?

what drive are you using to run the install dis?. twinpeaks is limited in the fact that it only works in certain cd-roms, even when just installing.

Originally posted by hburrows83
what drive are you using to run the install dis?. twinpeaks is limited in the fact that it only works in certain cd-roms, even when just installing.

Are you sure??? I read around that its actually very portable.:confused:

@IamThebathroom
I think Plextors or Asus are known for not being able to install their own Securom backup sometimes. Have you just 1 cdrw drive or have you tried to install from other optical drives as well. What opticals do you have available? Include some more of your rig setup

I have ta oshiba dvd/cd rom reader and a litey cdr52x writer., that is the cd rom I tried to install from. Also, the copies wer on cdrw discs. I only tried to install from the litey though

Do it this way and you shouldn’t have any problem installing from the Litey.

However, just in case, do yourself a favour, and before patching the ccd image with twinpeak, burn a copy of the unpatched image for installation purposes. Whilst you won’t be able to play from this copy, you will be able to install from it from any drive.

Are you sure??? I read around that its actually very portable

As you can see by philambers suggestion of making two copies of each install disc (one without twinpeaks, for installation purposes and one with, for playing) the twinpeaked disc will only play in limited drives. the liteys have no problems, however on a lot of older drives the game won’t install. I got a lot of old drives (creative, lg, yamaha etc) that i use over my network for various reasons and they all struggle with the twinpeaked disc.

By far the best way for securom new “new” games is the plex premium and bw5. Never had a coaster yet and my external version looks amazing :stuck_out_tongue: They will play on any drive (cd-rom only of course, or hide cd-r media enabled if in a burner) in every machine I own (no need for any emulation software running un the background, unless where stated). I have one machine with nothing on it except games, and lots and lots of them. There is no copying sotware, no virtual drives, just games and drivers. This is my test machine and if a game plays on there, then i know its a good copy.

I know this doesn’t help the thread starter, just trying to share some experience. :bow: