Twinpeaks and Blindwrite

vbimport

Something just occurred to me.
When SecuROM NEW 4.8X came out and people started using twinpeaks method of backing up the game CD’s, official patches were released and all of a sudden quite a few backups didnt work.
However this didnt affect the Blindwrite backups (to my knowlege), since it is essentially the same process, why is that?

were to finda guide for

backup cds with securom 4.64 >

with the tool s u use ? eg. /blind wr. /twinpeaks+bwa/clone cd/nero (whats nero good for ??)

im use 2 clony XXL / clone cd on my oldie plextor… but it wont do the job:a this time…

thanx
skipper

i had to make two copied of the Unreal 2 play disc…one with the bwa or twinpeaksClone and the other without…

what i have noticed is that the disc that is burnt with the BWA/blindwrite formula the game loads faster than the twinpeaksCLONE formula

so i end up with 3 discs instead of 2…i just couldnt pull it off…the game would hang at 47% when the second disc is inserted …some CRC reduncy check …

ohh well as long as i have a working backup

Originally posted by skipper.dk
[B]were to finda guide for

backup cds with securom 4.64 >

with the tool s u use ? eg. /blind wr. /twinpeaks+bwa/clone cd/nero (whats nero good for ??)

im use 2 clony XXL / clone cd on my oldie plextor… but it wont do the job:a this time…

thanx
skipper [/B]

Blindwrite:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58959

CloneCD / Twinpeak:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64732

skipper.dk and wakemonkeypimp the thread’s original subject has nothing to do with what you have posted. Please refrain from making off topic posts, use the search, post in relevant threads or start new ones if you cant find something similar.

Savannah i am not aware of backups that were made with the Twinpeaks method specifically being targeted/rendered useless with updates, while others made with BW were not affected. Have i missed something?

Thanks for the reply Hemispasm.

Its quite possible that it was around the time that people were only using CloneCD, I wasnt sure, so thought other people may remember.

Ah well. It works, Im happy with it. :slight_smile:

I think you mean the games such as Neverwinter nights and Warcraft 3. Ofcourse, these never did require TwinPeaks on the original releases. The patches simply upgraded the protections security, thus making many backups fail.
It had nothing to do with Twinpeak nor Blindwrite. No accurate TwinPeak backup is blacklisted at the moment.